Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training the Grip, Forearms, Traps, Hips

hey B FOLD, have u done car pushes? i have been wanting to do farmers walk but im like kinda scared of droping the weight in my foot :( but im gonna do them after seeing u, good job man!!!!

bump for your training split.....

new to the board but you look really touch!

Hey,
I am new to the board and was checking out some of the post just to get familiar with what is going on....I couldn't help to notice how strong you look. I like strongman stuff and have tried a few of the events. I have a long way to go, but would really like to get more comfortable with more events. Hope you can help me out. Lady

So if I happened to get my car stuck in a ditch I could call you to pull it out and bring it back to my house for me??

Actually my trainer did the drag the car thing a day or two before a comp he did - he has a big old jacked up Blazer that he dragged 2 blocks with a chain hooked up to a leather weight belt. Then he pushed it back. Pretty impressive!

WoW!!! Didn't expect to get any serious responses...just expected a few laughs....:) Thanks everyone.

I basically train on a 3 day split of chest/tri's/shoulders, legs, back/bi's. I do lots of sled pulling and do most of my events on Saturday's.

I have thick bars, atlas stone, 700lb tire, sled to pull or drag, suburban to pull and drag, farmers, thick handled farmers, and whatever else I can think of at the time.

big calvin- give em a try!!!! You'll love them. Strongman training is so much fun when the pain goes away. It is so much different and more fun that just standard weight training. I mean...how many people do you know that actually pull their truck down a back road for fun..:)

The_RAIDER- my garage is my gym...very simple but good enough for me to grow with...I'll post some pics of it soon.

ladyluck- if you need any help...just let me know. Naa...I"m not very strong...but I play a strongman on weekends:)

Sassy69- pull your car? Hmmmmmmm....would you be driving the car while holding a whip...and the brakes? Tell your trainer to get a pulling harness from www.ironmind.com I love mine!!

B True

Just kidding about the garage Bro...

You motivated me to do something similar this W/E..
I had 3 BIG ASS Oaks(24" across,60ft tall) dead on my property and Cut them down.
I cut them up into 2-3 ft sections and loaded 3 or 4 pieces into a Wheelbarrow and
walked it up to the pasture to a Burn Pile about 100 yds.
It took me about 15 trips and was a killer workout.
My wife thought I was crazy or stupid and kept asking me "Why don't you use the truck"..

Ahhh...loading events...load and walk. Reminds me of when Kaz was in the keg loading event...anyone ever see it? While everyone else was carrying the kegs and loading them onto the truck...Kaz just threw the kegs from where he was standing...no carrying at all. Awesome.

B True

thats good shit:D a friend of mine, Jill Mills just won the world strongwomen contest in Scotland, doing that kind of stuff.

Correct me if I am wrong...but wasn't the Scotland comp just a qualifier for the Womens WSW. Either way...I've heard great things about Jill...congrats to her.

B True

remind me to not shake hands with you.

Might come back broken.

Impressive Definatly is working a lot of muscle groups as you walk back and forth.

Top Bottom