Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training Intensity

VooDoo Lady

I feel a little silly asking this question – but I have to do it anyway:

I push myself when I lift, I add weight with every set and always try to squeeze out another rep when I think there just isn’t anything more to give. I can often be heard grunting “I GOT IT” when my spotter goes to assist me.

With that said, I am concerned about the fact that when I put the weights down I don’t feel exhausted, my heart isn’t pounding, and I’m not sweating.

I look around and see guys all red-faced and sweating profusely and I look like I just came to walk around and look good.

Do you guys have similar experiences?!

VDL :confused:

Hmmm half the time I am out of breath and very exhausted, Especially on a leg day!! Are you doing 3 sets or how many are you doing? Have you ever done drop sets? If you go heavy as you can go...it should be quite the workout! As far as sweating..some people just do not sweat a lot...But I would look into maybe changin your training style...W6 has some killer workouts that will make you tired as hell i promise:)

ive wondered the same ?

VDL - I know exactly what your talking about...even though my workouts leave me sore, tired, out of breath at times, I just dont sweat alot lifting..I do sweat during cardio

Nope, you are just strange. :freak:
:lmao:
Actually it's particularly strange b/c it's not as though you *aren't* training hard & you have seen tremendous gains in your body as well as gains in strength, right?

Do you ever monitor your HR? Maybe it is elevated & you're just not aware of it.

I will get winded on some things, particularly decline push-ups & squats. I won't always be winded & work up a sweat from bis & tris.

As for sweat, I've read that fit ppl sweat more easily (cuz their bodies cool efficiently & are used to the demands of exercise). It's not just that you're not a sweater, right? You sweat when you do cardio?

Either way, changing up your routines is good anyway. Try circuit training just for the change of pace (I love the shoulder-bi-tri circuit from the summer issue of M&F Hers) - that totally gets your HR up! Maybe that'll help you get an idea of a bench mark for yourself for intensity in your strength training. :idea: Maybe?

Hey new@ & W6 -- stop teasing w/ the workouts -- are they posted somewhere so the rest of us can join in the "fun"? I'd LOVE to get a copy!

Legs are the exception - new@ ........ Abs too, oddly enough!!

I AM a sweater when I do cardio, maybe that's why it feels wierd to me...also, my gym is more or less a converted warehouse with very little heat.... :idea: maybe that has something to do with it!

I have very recently changed my workout (actually started the new routine this week)

I suppose the bottom line is - if I see results, it's working! :rolleyes: duh

VDL

Mmm, interesting - I have that, too, unless I do drop sets or forced reps. I always try to push myself as hard as I can in the gym, especially leg days - I just get a huge thrill from doing legs - but I've seen a lot of comments about heavy days and light days here. W6 - I looked at your Nationals client's leg workouts, and was wondering - on those light days, does she get tired?

I mean, if one is pushing 50 to 100 pounds less than one actually can, for the same number of reps, and fewer sets, it should be a walk in the park, right? Or do you slow the reps down, or do something else to increase intensity? Or just lift and leave?

Lately I've been trying to do forced reps and drop sets only every second workout, but I'm still lifting as much weight as I can, as close to failure as I can, for the same number of sets each time. But straight sets don't make me feel like I've worked enough.

What is the target intensity for a "light" day, and how does one achieve it?

spatterson said:
Tuesday we did leg presses with only 4 plates each side, and did 20 reps: 5 full, 5 bottom half, 5 top half, and 5 full, and supersetted with lunges. This was after extensions and squats. Woohoo! Stumbled out of there and went to bed!

I hope this wasn't your "light" day :worried:

So, everyone out there is clear on heavy days, but no ideas on light? Does "heavy" = more intense, light = less intense? Or light just means light weights - but that's less intense ...:confused:

I was doing drop sets last night (which I've never done before). I felt tired afterwards but literally went home in tears I was so physically exhausted and worn out. I've never felt so exhausted from lifting as I did with all those drop sets. Then again, I'm also out of shape. It was wonderful though.

I don't usually sweat too much on weights but I look like I've been thrown in a pool after a cardio workout.

Kate

Top Bottom