Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Too late to start martial arts at age 30?

I had never done anything til age 48.. my reflexes are a little slower but i can take a hit (or am willing to) and i hit very hard, almost too hard, difficult for me to pull a punch in sparing and thus i burn out quicker...

the cardio is amazing, .. mma??? depends on if it's a one on one.. in life today, it's never one on one.. just a thought..

I started when I was 33 at a Muay Thai gym in Bangkok. I'll be back for a fight in January or February.

I was the only person at the gym who wasn't a pro (no Thais other than trainers). There were guys from all over the world training there. One of them was a 40+ guy who started when he was 40 and has done maybe 100+ fights and has a winning record.

And mind you, this is Muay Thai *in* Thailand, not one of those faggot martial arts like TKD or karate.

I do brazilian ju jitsu. My teachers are 2 black belts who started when they were 30. One is 5'5'' and I see him destroy guys well over 200 pounds on a routine basis.

It's definitely not too late to start. Hell, there's a dude on the new season of The Ultimate Fighter that openly admitted he didn't even "know what this stuff was" until he was 29 years old.

I started when I was 35 and have really enjoyed it via a couple different schools including ju jitsu and some of the "faggot" stuff (mentioned above). I am now in my forties, spar twice weekly, hold a black belt and break concrete blocks with my bare hands. I have no delusions of climbing into a cage but can more than hold my own in any situation.

Wuss up Nicolai

Bro you are relativley very young for a martial artist. I will be 50 in 3 months and because of martial arts and body building most guys done believe how old I am when i drop my age. So get to it, be confident and you will succeed. I was in the best shape of my life between 21 - 35 anyway. So you good to go.

Cooltrouble

Hell no brother,

If you want to walk down the streets with confidence, get your ass in the gym and start training Krav Maga. It was developed by Israeli special forces and is based on natural defensive movements to make it easy to learn and trust me it's EFFECTIVE!! I have been training in Krav for 2 years and it is by far the most street useful martial art I've encountered.

There is no such thing as hard or soft, there is just trained and untrained.

Krav is the way to go

Top Bottom