Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Too late to start martial arts at age 30?

You're not to old! It's not too late. I was 27 when I started Teakwondo and I've competed in several tournaments. One of the best choices of my life. So much fun and great endurance exercise.

Thanks. My main goal is a self defense and to develop a resistance to fear of physical pain. I tend to retreat where I shouldn't.

Learning is never too late it's good to hear someone who want to try it good luck buddy i hope you will succeed, if you have some problem you can send me a message i will help you out

Its never too late to learn and grow, however becoming the next superstar probably isn't a realistic goal. Set goals, try a few different styles, and see what you enjoy doing. Personally I believe you need to enjoy the training to make sure you stick with it cause otherwise you are just wasting your time.

I want to start martial arts at this age. What would you recommend for me? Isn't that too late?

Alot of people find that tekwondo or gujo are good foundations to start from. It's definitely not to late. I'm 24 and my dad had me in tekwondo when I was a child. I hadn't seen a gym or dojo either one in the better part of a decade when I first started back. I was over 400 lbs and +80% bf. I now take mma classes 3 days a week as a hobby. It's good cardio grappling and most gyms offer circuit training on top of that. You'll pick it up quickly. Just be sure to stretch really well and pick a solid gym/dojo with a good coach. That's going to be key. With the explosion of mma in the last few years there are gyms popping up everywhere, most are decent some are good, some will get you hurt.

I'm 24 and I've been thinking that it is too late :D I've always been thinking about practicing martial arts. really interesting. thanks guys for inspiring posts

Top Bottom