Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Too late to start martial arts at age 30?

No not at all. You probably won't compete. But its never to late to learn!

What's your goal? Self defense? Just for fun?

Sent from my ADR6350 using EliteFitness

Why would you say that, "You probably won't compete"? There are guys in their '40's doing this shit! I'm 57 years old, I'll bet $5,000.00 on my ass that I'll knock out a young punk ass motherfucker within a minute of the first round and send him to the to the hospital! Upper cut and round house punch and a round house kick to the head, back to back, works beautifully!

Why would you say that, "You probably won't compete"? There are guys in their '40's doing this shit! I'm 57 years old, I'll bet $5,000.00 on my ass that I'll knock out a young punk ass motherfucker within a minute of the first round and send him to the to the hospital! Upper cut and round house punch and a round house kick to the head, back to back, works beautifully!

or you can just pull out your gat and pop a cap in their ass. :rainbow:

or you can just pull out your gat and pop a cap in their ass. :rainbow:

No! I'm not going to kill a guy for trying to steal my ring or gold watch. My car is insured. Everything can be replaced except life. Busting a cap in someone requires jail and court time.
I went through that shit two times so far in this fucked up city.

Since the criminal ailment in my city, Detroit, is getting worse I'm going have to break many necks here and turn these guys(Criminals)into cat and dog food. lol

Its never too late to start! Im 35 and started Muay Thai over a year ago with my wife as a way of helping her stay in control of her figure and also to give her more confidence. We both now do a combination of Muay Thai and MMA training 3 days a week (about 2 hours a session) and I do weights twice a week. I was recently asked if I would be interested in competing later this year as well. A word of advice though is that you need to find a place that you enjoy going to, where you enjoy seeing the people and you like the environment that the instructors create. A lot of places ooze attitude which for me was not appropriate. Im lucky though as I found the perfect place and my results show.

With regards to the discipline, that is irrelevant as all the styles you have mentioned will help you achieve your goals. Sambo does look a lot of fun though.

Good Luck

Never too late. I started at 28. What I will say is that it hurts a lot more now at 35 though! Getting old is hell lol.

I hear you web78. I'm counting on the supplementation to help me. (Various supps and steroids) There is one thing I learned about the martial arts, "Never take on any Japanese police because they will shoot you"! LOL

I formally studied martial arts for many years. Ishin Ryu was my base. I loved it. It was hard, heavy, and effective. It isn't flashy showy by any means, but it certainly gets the job done. I've studied some southern shaolin Kung Fu, Tai Chi, and rounded it off with multiple forms of yoga.

Studying something that trains your body, mind, and spirit, AT ANY AGE, is a positive. They're right, you probably won't be competing, but you can build a tremendous connection between mind/body/spirit, as well as learn to understand and utilize the flowing energy of this universe.

Good luck to you. And hard work.

This right here is useful with specific fighting styles and is what peaks interest other than just statying MMA is what you need to train... with a bajillion mma places, thats not too helpful.

Like another guy on here, I am 30 with no real fighting experience but really want to start learning and getting into some type of martial arts but really dont want to waste my time and money doing months of "flowery" fighting that memorizes lots of poses but then when you try and use it in a real practical setting... i.e. as is someone picks a fight with you out in town for some bs reason or some jackass tries to be a jackass and you need to defend yourself or your loved ones or what not... you get the point ....

so what is the best specific fighting style, not to fight off and break the bones of 17 guys that all weight 250 lbs of jacked muscle and you suddenly pull out some Stephen Segal moves and beat all 17 of them....

no im talking realistically, what is the best for being able to actually fight.. in a street fight... out on town.. against one or two guys ... a practical real life fight situation, what style is best?

The top 3 I have looked into would be Muay Thai, Krav maga, or Jeet kun do (wing chun/ kung fu)... but then again i have heard you can be licensed to TEACH yes thats instruct krav maga just by taking a weekend class! and then is is easy and effective but you would learn everything there is to know in two months, and then again.. I am familiar with the isreali defense.. blah blah blah I know military martial arts programs are NEVER anywhere as good as civilian martial arts... OK so not bashing, I have heard good but I have also heard bad so please so post real life advice only from people who have actually studied different arts and used them in real life situations

... so back to the original question

no im talking realistically, what is the best for being able to actually fight.. in a street fight... out on town.. against one or two guys ... a practical real life fight situation, what style is best?

Top Bottom