Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

TMJ / Massage / Chiro

Nonerz

I've been dealing with a irritating clicking jaw and an on again/off again sore neck for the past 2 years or so. I've given up chewing gum (which was veeerrrry hard for me) and am mindful of my chewing habits (i.e. prodominantly chewing on the left/right side of my mouth).

The left side of my jaw chronically clicks (no pain, just a nuisance) and most of the tightness in my neck is on the right side. I work at a computer all day long and am constantly looking down at paperwork, etcetera.

I lift heavy by most chicks standards and feel that training contributes to the stiffness and tightening up of my neck muscles. I've been to a chiropractor who attempted to adjust my jaw, but only made the clicking worse!

Just wondering if anyone else has had success in treating similar symptoms? :confused:

I empathize with you bc mine does the same. I have migraine headaches as a result. I have seen professionals that perscirbe me medicine. Stretching is supposed to alleviate the pain but it does not work for me. Only pills do and I am tired of taking them so now I deal with the pain.

Bump for any other ideas.

as a side note, her jaw doesnt track straight either. when she opens her mouth, her jaw goes to her right. i can manipulate it passively and it will open straight, if i slide it slightly forward in the tm joint as i open. we have sporadically (hint) tried trigger point massage in the masseter and the pterygoid as well.

im thinking chiro who also can specialize in trigger point therapy.

oops I see you put this in your title.... My bad

here is a website about a book.. it is very informative.
http://www.drshankland.com/book.html

I suffer with this same thing. Have since I was young. If you clench your teeth when you train (I Do this) this may be making it worse. You may be able to get some type of mouth piece to make it less painful..

SouthernBell said:
You may be able to get some type of mouth piece to make it less painful..

i have on and off jaw pain, caused by swelling. I grind my teeth in my sleep which i think might have been the ause, so i got a mouth guard ( custom molded ) to sleep in. I dont use it alot but it did help, havent had jaw pain since the summer.

My mom has the clicking and pain in her jaw, she uses a mouth guard as well, i would look into that if i were you.

Could be lateral pterygoids or medial ones. also their could be an imbvalance in the masseters. The neck ache might not be the jaw though, most of the time it is the scalene muscles or the Sternocleidomastoid muscle that are referred to the head. Have nate massage the back of youur neck right where the skull seems to have a bump, Nuchal LIne, this mighit help alleviate some pain.

Discailemer; just some friendly advice

I'm interested in this as well. For a few years now, my jaw has been semi-problematic. I could manually make it click (sometimes it would be as loud as a popping noise) for a while. It would do it by itself while chewing as well. After some time, it had gone away. I would try to make it click by moving it about, but to no avail. I thought I was cured. But, recently, it's been erratically doing it again. Not as loud or as painful as it has been before, but once in a long while, I'll go through a few minutes where I cannot open my mouth all the way without pain (forgot to mention this earlier). Hasn't happened in a little while though. It's weird. Last time something like it happened was after a dental appointment. Perhaps from keeping my mouth open for an extended period of time?

getting worse...I'm getting a warm sensation all the way up my neck to my ear...not good

took some pain meds and put some icy hot type stuff on it

Top Bottom