Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Time to go get a pro card - LOG

That my friend is broscience. Sure the fasting phase will be more catabolic then if you were eating during that time BUT what most people forget about is that fat loss is a catabolic process aswell .... Wanna stay anabolic 24/7 ? Forget about getting lean ...

And after the catabolic (fasting) phase comes the super anabolic (feeding) phase. You workout fasted which dramatically improves insulin sensitivity and you deplete quite a lot of your glycogen ... Then you have the biggest meal of the day post workout. This is the super window of anabolism and your body will use most of the nutrients consumed at that time to replenish muscle glycogen and for muscle growth. In such conditions there is no way it could end up stored as fat (unless you would be grossly overeating that is)

Muscle growth is not about staying anabolic 24 hours a day, it's about "anabolic minus catabolic" . Stay in the anabolic area too long and you'll gain muscle but unfortunately also lots of fat. stay in the catabolic for too long and you'll lose (also, both muscle and fat) It's all about finding just the right balance

Do you follow IF both bulking and cutting? Just cutting? Also does IF equally well for someone natural vs on gear? Just curious. I'm considering doing IF for about 4 weeks while I take my SARMS which will be inbetween powerlifting meets for me. After the sarm run i'll be going all natural and bulking up/carb loading for my july meet

Like I stated in my first post, I don't "bulk" or "cut" . I build my physique.

IF is great for a natty aswell but in this case it should be used only and again only for cutting. You will not gain on it without gear that is a fact. But as a dieting method it can be very useful

I suggested that first comming here except i was recommening 14 hrs everyone kept carring on about haow catabolic it was i just gave up.

You recommended the drag curls long ago. Those blast the sh*t outta the biceps.

That my friend is broscience. Sure the fasting phase will be more catabolic then if you were eating during that time BUT what most people forget about is that fat loss is a catabolic process aswell .... Wanna stay anabolic 24/7 ? Forget about getting lean ...

And after the catabolic (fasting) phase comes the super anabolic (feeding) phase. You workout fasted which dramatically improves insulin sensitivity and you deplete quite a lot of your glycogen ... Then you have the biggest meal of the day post workout. This is the super window of anabolism and your body will use most of the nutrients consumed at that time to replenish muscle glycogen and for muscle growth. In such conditions there is no way it could end up stored as fat (unless you would be grossly overeating that is)

Muscle growth is not about staying anabolic 24 hours a day, it's about "anabolic minus catabolic" . Stay in the anabolic area too long and you'll gain muscle but unfortunately also lots of fat. stay in the catabolic for too long and you'll lose (also, both muscle and fat) It's all about finding just the right balance

I cant believe I have never really read about this. It seems genius and makes perfect logical sense.

BTW, this is the most inspiring thread I have read in a very long time!!:evil:

This is VERY true. Great post.

The whole "you burn up muscle after 4 hours and go into starvation mode" it just isn't true, the body can go MANY hours without gobbling up muscle, it really depends on the individual, their body composition, hormone levels, ambient temp, etc. I think I'll try IF when I run my Sarms and see how that goes.

The whole "you burn up muscle after 4 hours and go into starvation mode" it just isn't true, the body can go MANY hours without gobbling up muscle, it really depends on the individual, their body composition, hormone levels, ambient temp, etc. I think I'll try IF when I run my Sarms and see how that goes.

Its working great for me, have dropped around 8 lbs in 4 weeks so far, a nice steady 2 lbs a week...loving IF!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

A thing I was thinking about today ... Many guys at the gym I see them chatting between sets - about work and parties and whatever else (I don't care anyway) ...

A thing I can never stress enough:
FOCUS ON YOUR TRAINING WHEN YOU ARE AT THE GYM!! Leave your thoughts about work, wife, kids or whatever else you have on your mind that time .. Leave it in the locker room. Take your mind off it. Focus on your exercise! Always imagine in your head how your muscle is pulling that movement. The brain-muscle connection is the single most important thing that WILL determine your level of progress. You will never truly hit that muscle if you keep thinking about stupid shit while performing that exercise. Squeeze the muscle you're training before you start doing the movement. Squeeze it as hard as possible even during movements ... Imagine like you see it working.

This is the most important thing of them all when it comes to training. No training routine will work well without this. And if you are not sure exactly which muscle does which movement please .. Take that precious time and go read some basic anatomy. It will help you take your workouts to the next level.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Top Bottom