Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

those of you who write it all down

tiger88

Hello guys and gals, for those who write down everything they eat/drink, do you just write it down on paper? do you have a speical journal? or do you do it with a program on the computer?

thank you for reading my post

Hey Tiger! I record all of my information in notebooks. I have 4 or 5 of them full now. Just a standard notebook. An entry is typically set up like this:

7-15-03 (supplements listed at the top also) (210 grams protein total)
I trained deadlifts and back. I ate: _______ for my first meal,
_________ for my second meal, Etc.

I only add the amount of protein at the end of the day, and dont include fluids, aside from protein shakes. I used to total carbs,calories, and protein at the end of each day, then calculate the average for each week, but dont anymore. If you want to be real accurate thats the way to go. I also list key lifts (not my whole training regimen) that I failed or succeeded on. I highlight record lifts in yellow and lesser lifts in blue. I also record my weight at the top of the page once or twice per week. One reason I dont total everything anymore is cuz its alot of guessing and work to find everything, and I dont trust nutrition labels 100% anyway. Plus I eat fast food or at other's houses often, so its real hard to calculate everything I down. Its made a huge difference for me and even motivates me to eat more.Hope that helps

I write it all down one day and then make adjustments until i've got what I'd consider my perfect diet, then i eat the same thing every day until i get sick of it and start over :)

I jot down what I eat throughout the day on sheets of paper. When I'm consuming 5500 cal/day, it's easy to forget something. At the end of the day, I record everything in Microsoft Excel. It makes it easy to add up kcals, pro, fat, and carbs.

I keep an 8x5 spiral and log the food, amt, cals, and p/c/f.
I total at the end of the day usually, see how close I am to my goal and make adjustments if needed.

I should probably start putting it on pc / fitday though, I'm killing too many trees, lol.

casualbb said:
it's all about fitday!

I also write down everything I eat and then enter it into fitday.com at the end of the day. Sometimes I also enter the food I am going to eat in the morning to make sure what I take to work with me will allow me to hit my calorie goals.

Top Bottom