Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

There's no T on the end of TRICEP...

musketeer

That's right, TRICEP is spelled TRICEP and not TRICEPT - but you can just get away with TRIS.

ALSO

The big diamond shaped muscle on your back is technically called the TRAPEZOIDS but no one who knows anything uses the whole name these days - it's TRAPS, just TRAPS.

LATISSIMUS DORSI are just LATS, DELTOIDS are DELTS and BICEPTS are BS because they're called BICEPS - no friggin T!

Now read carefully, LATERAL RAISES are a delt exercise, LAT RAISES does not make sense! You can't raise something with your LATS unless you're hanging upside-down like a bat.

MILITARY PRESS is a STANDING BARBELL PRESS with heels close together or touching. So don't say MILITARYS when you mean to say PRESSES standing up. If you want to say that you were pressing siting down then SEATED PRESSES is what you need to say - PRESSES are the already the standing version.

Before you really piss me off:

When competing:

Clean and jerk and the snatch are WEIGHT LIFTING.

Squat, bench press and deadlift are POWERLIFTING.

Doing Dumbell curls with sand filled vinyl plates in your garage is WEIGHT TRAINING.

WEIGHT LIFTERS are POWERFUL, POWERLIFTERS are STRONG and BODYBUILDERS may be both or neither!

While we're at it let me advise you: if you're looking for ADVISE - then you've screwed up - you mean ADVICE.

fell free to add...

Last edited:
damn thats a good thread there are several ones on there that annoy me especially the military press one.

"rear laterals" makes no sense they are either lateral raises or bent over laterals or rear delt flies. Lateral means out to the side, to how you you do rear laterals? Same with "side laterals" thats just repeating the same meaning!!!!!!!!

and I actually heard someone on here once calling lat pulldowns "lateral pulldowns" dont get me started on that...

Haha, good thread,to add...

A TRAPEZOID is really a TRAPEZIUS, and there are three of them (upper, lower, lower middle), so when you are shrugging you're targeting the upper TRAP, not your TRAPS.

I had a prof that pronounced biceps as "bicepts", Jersey accent I suppose...however she was a brilliant kinesiology instructor so I can't complain.

oh the irony of this thread... :D

i know what you meant for the most part and i agree... granted you are off a bit hehe!

I'm too new on here to have said what you did, and it needed to be said. As an English major, it hurts my teeth to read poor grammar and spelling. I don't intend to judge, nor to belittle anyone, as I can usually recognize someone who is trying, versus someone who is lazy. All we need to do is THINK before we type, and PROOFREAD before hitting the button to post.

The whole concep of misspelling bicept is making my laminitus dorsi sore :D

Charles

I'm too new on here to have said what you did, and it needed to be said. As an English major, it hurts my teeth to read poor grammar and spelling. I don't intend to judge, nor to belittle anyone, as I can usually recognize someone who is trying, versus someone who is lazy. All we need to do is THINK before we type, and PROOFREAD before hitting the button to post.

The whole concep of misspelling bicept is making my laminitus dorsi sore :D

Charles

English majors mayk my brian hert

Trapizoids?

latimus dorsi?

The name lateral raise is based off of the direction of movement, not the muscle group utilized.

Military press is not the same as a standing press. same muscles, same movement, different foot position. Close.

Top Bottom