Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The older I get, the more green I am getting. I may need to hug a tree.

rykertest

I'm a pretty staunch republican, bigtime conservative, and yet over the past year or so, I seem to be getting much more "granola". I still have my morals and ethics (unlike you filthy little liberals roaming from port to port), but am very interested in solar power, wood burning furnaces, tankless water heaters, etc, etc.

Thats one thing the I dont' like about the republican party. It's possible to be conservative in both morals AND with our planet and they seem to be missing that point. It's funny how many guys I know that are really into conservation from a nature standpoint, are very effeciant hunters, care for the woodlands, and what not, and yet won't even make the change to energy efficiant light bulbs. lol

I like buying mother earth news magazine, and am considering building a house with all these options above as well as a garden, some hens (free frigin egg whites) and all that kind of thing. I'm not ready to wear hemp clothes and light up a fatty, but still.

Is this change part of getting older or what?

rykertest said:
I'm a pretty staunch republican, bigtime conservative, and yet over the past year or so, I seem to be getting much more "granola". I still have my morals and ethics (unlike you filthy little liberals roaming from port to port), but am very interested in solar power, wood burning furnaces, tankless water heaters, etc, etc.

Thats one thing the I dont' like about the republican party. It's possible to be conservative in both morals AND with our planet and they seem to be missing that point. It's funny how many guys I know that are really into conservation from a nature standpoint, are very effeciant hunters, care for the woodlands, and what not, and yet won't even make the change to energy efficiant light bulbs. lol

I like buying mother earth news magazine, and am considering building a house with all these options above as well as a garden, some hens (free frigin egg whites) and all that kind of thing. I'm not ready to wear hemp clothes and light up a fatty, but still.

As you mature (which happens with age for some and never happens at all for others), you start to realize what really matters, you get a sense of time, as in the shit we do now affects the future, and you start to really experience empathy, realizing that there aren't just other humans but other entities that share the life of this planet.

The more you appreciate the world and the things in it, the more appreciation you will feel, trust me. The more beauty you see, the more beauty you will see. It's a natural progression.

Check your K message.

KillahBee said:
I am still amazed at how so many people just NEED to label themselves into a particular group. Mind boggling
we are the world
we are a special place

musclemom said:
As you mature (which happens with age for some and never happens at all for others), you start to realize what really matters, you get a sense of time, as in the shit we do now affects the future, and you start to really experience empathy, realizing that there aren't just other humans but other entities that share the life of this planet.

The more you appreciate the world and the things in it, the more appreciation you will feel, trust me. The more beauty you see, the more beauty you will see. It's a natural progression.

Check your K message.

Hi and thanks for your reply. :) I try to lead a Christian life (the key word being TRY; and I fail all to often) and I do beleive that the bible teaches us that we need to care for this world that God gave us. It is here for our usage yes, the animals and the ground, but we are charged with it's care and must take care of it and we just are not doing a very good job of that. We are getting better, but I guess if we all just did a little more, it would make a HUGE difference. I have guys I work with that have the attitude of "I can't make a difference" and they alone cannot. I just tell them to try and do a little bit and get their nieghbor to do a little bit. Like light bulbs for example. I recently started changing over all my bulbs in my house to the energy saving kind. I know can run a ceiling fan and 4 lights on it, for the same energy that one of the old bulbs would use before. Thats just one room. The lights aren't cheap so I just buy enough for 1 room each paycheck and have 1 room left. If anything forget the help to the environment, look at the savings on my electric bill. My bill has not gone up even though it's now winter because while my furnace is running more, I cut costs elsewhere and it balanced out. :) YEAH ME.

You said something very real in your reply above. "As you get older you get a sense of time". Very well said and thats quite true. K to you my dear!

Some people find it hard to make friends, join a label and you're in. Like smoking

rykertest said:
:rolleyes:

What a beneficial post.

It would be if you chose to approach it in an unbiased manner. It's a great point - I truly do not understand why people must label themselves. Do you label other people?

Not knockin anyone, just truly baffled at why we do this

I would consider myself fiscally conservative, and don't believe Global Warming has anything to do with man, but energy conservation and being "green" doesn't conflict with that. I am a hunter and have a great appreciation of nature.

rykertest said:

i never thought reps "don't care about the environment"
like you said, the hardcore outdoorsmen are typically nature conservative ande practice old time traditions and values such as not wasting kills, not trashing the woods, and throwing back small fish/passing on small deer.
their beef with liberal "conservationisits" is they (they-liberals) want to dictate what everyone can and cannot do in the woods...bascially a minority making the call for the majority because the minority thinkgs it's better informed and more enlightened.
for instance, in michigan their was a dove hunting ballot on the nov ticket.
hunters and conservationsits were in favor and the majority...but the libs made a big deal over this, akin to baby killing, and got the bill defeated.
lol i thought, how biologists and hunting conversationists got beaten by rhetoric
does this make sense?

Top Bottom