Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

the Left lane is (supposed) to be the FAST lane.........:(

string_bean00 said:
It's in driver's training man, left lane is used for passing.

The intent being that if someone is traveling under the speed limit,they do not impede traffic.If the left lane is the fast lane,who sets the speed limit? For example,say you want to travel at 10mph over the limit,so you hug the left lane.A motorist comes up behind you doing 20mph,but you do not feel comfortable increasing your speed.You also do not wish to duck into the right lane and have to slow down.So now you have become one of the people that you were complaining about.
I have never heard of anyone avoiding a speeding ticket because they were "traveling in the fast lane" while exceeding the speed limit. :)

DraytonsMuse said:
The intent being that if someone is traveling under the speed limit,they do not impede traffic.If the left lane is the fast lane,who sets the speed limit? For example,say you want to travel at 10mph over the limit,so you hug the left lane.A motorist comes up behind you doing 20mph,but you do not feel comfortable increasing your speed.You also do not wish to duck into the right lane and have to slow down.So now you have become one of the people that you were complaining about.
I have never heard of anyone avoiding a speeding ticket because they were "traveling in the fast lane" while exceeding the speed limit. :)
do u also have blue hair? ;)

DraytonsMuse said:

But the thing is someone traveling at 10mph over shouldn't be chilling in the left lane. No one should be chilling over there. Anyone who does is almost as bad as the asshole doing 55 in the left lane. I get back to the right every time I pass the car(s) I intended to pass.

And yeah, the left lane won't get you out of tickets of course. But anyone following the "10 over" rule on the freeway will almost never get pulled over anyway.

HeatherRae said:
I'm in Florida, and there are lots of retirees who drive slowly. Actually, I tend to be one of them, because I don't know the area that well yet, and I am retired now, too. I'm usually in no hurry to get where I am going.

The thing that pisses me off is someone being all aggressive behind me, when I am already going over the speed limit and there is traffic in front of us anyway. I mean they just want me to get out of the way so they can speed up until they reach cars in front of us then slam on the brakes? If they are in such a damn hurry, they should take the responsibility to leave on time, with a little cushion for traffic delays.

Oh yeah. Anyone driving slower than me is a moron, and anyone driving faster than me is a maniac. I see.

Just show some freakin' consideration and empathy on the road. It's better to give someone a break, rather than to guard your precious little territory while thinking "well I'm already going faster than the speed limit".

Besides passing-lane blockers, my other pet peeve on the expressway is people who won't budge out of their spot in the right lane, even through an interchange or past an exit where people are trying to merge in. You get on the onramp, start accellerating, only to find Miss Roadhog planted right in the spot where you need to merge, and she's matching your speed.

In California (So Cal at least) EVERY LANE (all 8 of them in one direction) is the "fast lane." If you're not going at least 75 in the right lanes and 80-90 in the left lanes...look out!!!

Top Bottom