Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

the Left lane is (supposed) to be the FAST lane.........:(

HeatherRae said:
I'm in Florida, and there are lots of retirees who drive slowly. Actually, I tend to be one of them, because I don't know the area that well yet, and I am retired now, too. I'm usually in no hurry to get where I am going.

The thing that pisses me off is someone being all aggressive behind me, when I am already going over the speed limit and there is traffic in front of us anyway. I mean they just want me to get out of the way so they can speed up until they reach cars in front of us then slam on the brakes? If they are in such a damn hurry, they should take the responsibility to leave on time, with a little cushion for traffic delays.
If someone is trying to park in my boot (trunk) then I slow down until there's a decent gap in front of me and then speed up again. They usually get the message.

Dude!!!!!!....the fast lane in Cali is used for putting on Make-up, cell phone calls, driving 55 when that law doesnt exist any more, leisure sunday drives with 8 kids in the car, any pre 1970 VW BUG/ Bus.

im finding the slow lane as the fastest lane out there...because "asshole morons" dont expect you to drive 80+ in it....

HeatherRae said:
I'm in Florida, and there are lots of retirees who drive slowly. Actually, I tend to be one of them, because I don't know the area that well yet, and I am retired now, too. I'm usually in no hurry to get where I am going.

The thing that pisses me off is someone being all aggressive behind me, when I am already going over the speed limit and there is traffic in front of us anyway. I mean they just want me to get out of the way so they can speed up until they reach cars in front of us then slam on the brakes? If they are in such a damn hurry, they should take the responsibility to leave on time, with a little cushion for traffic delays.
do u have blue hair? lol

the left lane is actually the passing lane, not even supposed to drive in it unless passing.

redguru said:
That courtesy will soon be law in Florida. If you are impeding traffic you must move to the right hand lane.
That law passed here in Denver a couple years ago. I have yet to see it enforced though, so I wouldn't plan on any dramatic changes.

DraytonsMuse said:
Left lane is the fast lane is a myth.Next time you get caught speeding in the left lane,explain to the Officer that it is okay because you were in the fast lane.I wonder what his response will be?I have yet to be on a highway where the posted speed limit was higher if you traveled the left lane as opposed to the right lane.
I travel the right lane as a courtesy to the speed demons,but it is a courtesy,not something that is mandated by some written or unwritten law.

It's in driver's training man, left lane is used for passing.

rnch said:
do people practice good lane disipline in your area?

here in what's left of new orleans, the main highway artery is Interstate 10.

ever since the bitch Katrina visited this once-and-will-be-again great city; I-10's left hand lane has been clogged with people ambling along the road at 10, 15, 20 miles per hour slower than the prevailing traffic flow. (often with texas license plates, but that's another topic rant). no combination of dirty looks, headlight flashes, single and multiple finger gestures, gentle and violet hand waving, horn honks or gentle swerving inches from their rear bumper will make them GET THE HELL OUTTA THE WAY. all too often these bog slow vehicles are driven by old(er) people with nowhere to go and all freakin' day to get there.

arrrrgh!!

it's these card carrying, anti-destination league, stiff necked, oblivious-to-the-world-around-them that made me stop carying a gun in my vehicle.

thanks, i feel better now.

OOh lord , those New Orleans folks drive any kinda way. No turn signals and no operational brake lights...

Driving is horrible in my state! All the old people come back up north from Flordia when it gets hot down there. And, of course, they all drive 35 in a 55. One in the left lane, one in the right lane. Like a little convoy of granny truckers, they signal between themselves to screw with the other cars heads.

rnch said:
it's these card carrying, anti-destination league, stiff necked, oblivious-to-the-world-around-them that made me stop carying a gun in my vehicle.

Haha, you read Car & Driver. Pat Bedard coined the phrase "Anti-Destination League" sometime in the 1970s.

Mr. dB said:
Haha, you read Car & Driver. Pat Bedard coined the phrase "Anti-Destination League" sometime in the 1970s.
yes indeed! a long time reader of C & D as well as R & T. that was back before bedard crashed too many times into race track walls and lost his writing skills. his current rants suck exhaust pipe fumes.

Top Bottom