Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I found out why the freeway was shutdown when I left work last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

supersizeme

I was one pissed off commuter at this exact time 24 hours ago. On my way home from work, the cops had an entire freeway shutdown and diverted all the traffic onto the streets. It took me an extra 30 minutes to get home. I figured it was some early morning roadwork they were doing. Nope...

Cowboys player free on bail after fatal hit-and-run
By CHARLES RICHARDS, Associated Press Writer
January 15, 2003

DALLAS (AP) -- Dallas Cowboys reserve defensive back Dwayne Goodrich was free on bail early Wednesday after being charged with felony manslaughter following a hit-and-run accident that killed two people.

Police said Goodrich was the driver and lone occupant of a car that slammed into the site of a crash early Tuesday on a North Dallas freeway. Two motorists who were trying to rescue a man from a burning car were struck and killed by the car, which was traveling at an estimated speed of 110 mph.

Goodrich was booked at a Dallas County jail, where he posted $50,000 in bail on two manslaughter charges, and he was released about 2 a.m. Wednesday, a Dallas County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman said.

The 24-year-old player first talked with police Tuesday afternoon, his agent said. Sgt. Hollis Edwards told reporters early Wednesday at Dallas police headquarters that Goodrich surrendered at 10:45 p.m.

``He turned himself in today and told them what happened. He's devastated. It was a tragic accident,'' Goodrich's agent, Stephen Zucker, told The Associated Press late Tuesday.

The Dallas Morning News reported that Goodrich was questioned extensively at his attorney's office Tuesday afternoon and provided a written statement to police.

Before the hit-and-run accident, a car rear-ended a disabled tractor-trailer rig and caught fire about 2:15 a.m. Tuesday in the northbound lanes of Interstate 35 in North Dallas.

A passenger from the burning car was trying to help the driver escape, and the two other motorists had also pulled off the freeway to assist in the rescue attempt.

``While they were doing that, a gray BMW struck all three of them,'' said senior Cpl. Diana Watts, a police spokeswoman.

Police said the driver of the speeding tried to swerve between the disabled vehicles. Police said there were no skid marks to indicate the car's speed or show that the driver tried to stop.

The dead were identified as Joseph Wood, 21, and Demont Matthews, 23, both of Plano, Texas. The third rescuer had a broken leg, police said. Matthews was dragged 155 feet by the speeding car, according to the police report. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Wood died later.

The driver of the burning car escaped with minor injuries.

Zucker said he last talked to Goodrich by telephone Tuesday night. Zucker declined to discuss the fatal accident. ``I don't want to get into that. It'll all come out later,'' Zucker said.

Reporters were told early Wednesday that police might consider other charges later, including failure to stop and render aid.

``We were informed on Tuesday of this tragic situation,'' said Calvin Hill, coordinator of the Player Assistance department for the Cowboys. ``It is a police matter, and we will continue to monitor the developments. We are deeply saddened for the families who have experienced the loss of life.''

Goodrich was the Cowboys' top pick in the 2000 draft, taken 49th overall out of Tennessee in the second round. But he hasn't been a significant contributor for the Cowboys through his first three seasons.

After straining his left hamstring during the 2000 preseason, Goodrich didn't make his NFL debut until playing special teams in the ninth game of the season. He played in five games as a rookie, and his only action on defense came in the season finale.

He missed the entire 2001 season after tearing his right Achilles' tendon during training camp.

Last year, Goodrich played in 11 games, including his only NFL start on Dec. 21 against Philadelphia. He just completed the final year of his contract.

Goodrich was the defensive MVP of the 1999 Fiesta Bowl after returning an interception 54 yards for a touchdown as Tennessee defeated Florida State 23-16 to win the national championship

Sick...fucking piece of shit...what was he doing driving 110 miles and hour...and all you guys talk about racing and all of that BS on the highway

Damn Shame I saw Goodrich on Hardnocks and he is a decent person. Fucked up shit.

I have to at least give him some respect for turning himself in. I'm not sure if they already had him pegged or not, but from what I can tell, they didn't know who did it right off the bat.

WODIN said:
Damn Shame I saw Goodrich on Hardnocks and he is a decent person. Fucked up shit.

As decent as one could possibly be while hitting two citizens at an excessive speed and fleeing the scene.

Never ceases to amaze me. Everytime an EF person meets or sees a celebrity, they are "cool as hell" or something to that effect.

This guy was driving at truly excessive speeds, was not paying attention, and two people died. Could have been more.

He will get punished for this. He will play for another team. NFL loves thier outlaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom