Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Beast's Training Journal!

Some more day's of eating. Nothing massive , but still getting thicker, stronger.

Big100 Met RX protein bar for first meal, (32)(4 string cheeses)(60) Garlic cheese rolls, pizza slices, salad for second meal, (140,estimate)(20 oz choc milk)(170)(pumpkin seeds) Big100 Met RX protein bar for third meal

(210 protein)

Previous day:

tv dinner for first meal, (32)(20 oz choc milk)(62)(cookies)(65)(pumpkin seeds)(89)(cookies)(4 string cheeses) (121)Celery and 7 tablespoons peanut butter for second meal, (146)(20 oz choc milk)

(176 protein)

About to hit arms. Will have under 2 hours to train. My average arm sessions seem to be around 2 hours and 50 sets. Faster moving style these days. So I should be able to get most of it in.

Maybe some 300 lb pressdowns as usual. Mainly a pump session. Wont have much time to film and my tripod is fucked up. Still waiting for new one. Camera has been falling because of that, have to use plates to weigh it down. Time consuming. My digital camera is a piece of shit too. Every photo is blurry. Hate trying to flex and take pics. Eventually Ill have someone take them for progress pics. Most of the time Im limited to angles by doing it myself. No way i can get a shot of my back with that shit.

KILL THAT SHIT

Arms

Low volume, light, only an hour and a half to train

Volume was lower but good pump. I didnt eat prior due to lack of time. Gym closes early. I made a few changes that I will try to continue with. For alternating dumbbell curls I changed the form. Ill mostly be doing them with palms facing ahead now. Similiar to how I do incline dumbbell curls. This keeps constant tension on the bicep and a fuller stretch. Normally when I did them Id twist the dumbbell as my arm travelled upward. Making it like a partial hammer curl during the bottom portion. Just an old habit from the old days when I was all about moving weight for as many reps possible. Im more focused on growth now, so that doesnt benefit me. My arms adapted to that style and havent responded to it lately. Arms have been stubborn as fuck since 2012 (stagnant growth in flexed measurement, relaxed measurement went up an inch).

Quality of contraction was much better with this style. I kept it light but went up to 60s and demonstrated the style in the video. Slow, stict and full stretch, with palms facing. Next time I hit 80s or above, id rather do it in this style. That means my biceps should have gained some good mass and strength. My biceps used to be way more resiliant and stronger but the tendons have really compromised that. So now I want to focus on strict movements with quality of contraction mostly for biceps.

I finished off my bicep work with a freestyle approach. I didnt list the final sets. Instead I just focused on maximising pain on the preacher bench. Alternating arms without rest. Weight varied , I just wanted to use enough to keep the momentum going. Not stop. Searing burning pain for probably over 10-20 minutes. I didnt time it or count overall reps. I did alot of holds as well. May have been longer. I was just concerned with causing as much pain to the muscle as possible.

My left arm (weaker side) was the one that really ended up burning like hell. I got alot of time in under that maximum level of pain, so it was quality work. Preachers usually fuck with my elbows, but being that I was heavily warmed up and it was super light, it wasnt a problem. I got the most pump and burn from this portion.

Creatine drink may absorb and digest better intra training. Maybe more absorption into the muscle. Havent had issues while using it intraworkout and heavily dilluted. About 64 oz of water for the 1 scoop during training, and during the feeder routine last night 32 oz. Will try to get it in on off days now too, and maybe twice a day on some training days.

238 lbs before meals

Curved Bar Pressdowns

KILOGRAMS unless otherwise noted for pressdowns (Strict 90 degree style as usual)

Not so much failure training for triceps, just burning the shit up. Beyond failure overall with the dropsets, but not for each set.

35x100
65x60
95x10 (210 lb stack)

----------

No rest til line

300 lbs x 15 (2 45 lb plates pinned to stack)
255 lbs x 10
95x10
80x10
65x10
----------------

Less rest before hitting 300 lb set today, time constraints. Some friction also on that stack slowing down the reps, when overloaded

No rest til line

300 lbs x 3 (Heavy friction on the cable. This happens often)
255 lbs x 10 (some friction still but greatly reduced)
95x10
80x10
65x15
------------------

V bar Pressdowns (same ROM)

no rest til line

65x20
95x5
----------

no rest til line

95x12
80x12
72x8
65x10-12
---------

Alternating Dumbbell Curls (Form modification, NEW MOVEMENT. Palms facing entire time. Mostly slow and alot of holds at top)

40x15

Incline Dumbbell Curls

No rest except to alternate arms. One arm completes 5 reps, Next arm goes.

40x20 (5 at a time on each arm)
40x15 (Same method. 5 at a time alternating arms)

Slow with holds at top

-------------------

Alternating Dumbbell Curls (Same modified form. Same speed and style)

no rest til line

55x4
45x4
40x4
==============

No rest til line (See video)

60x4
45x4
40x5
----------

Dumbbell Hammer Curls

no rest til line

60x5
45x10
40x10
------------------

Alternating Dumbbell Curls with reverse curl negative (went back to the usual twisting style for the bottom curl portion I believe)

no rest til line

45x6
40x6
35x10
------- Slow as well

ONE ARM AT A TIME, MACHINE PREACHER CURLS

THIS WAS THE MOST PAINFUL PORTION OF THE ROUTINE AND THE LIGHTEST. WENT FOR MAYBE 10-20 MINUTES, MAYBE LONGER. JUST ALTERNATING ARMS. SEARING PAIN IN LEFT ARM ESPECIALLY. I MAINTAINED THAT SEARING PAIN FOR MOST OF THE ROUTINE. I WILL TRY TO FINISH OFF WITH THESE WHEN JOINTS ALLOW.

THIS WAS FREESTYLE SO I DIDNT LIST ANYTHING. JUST WANTED TO MAX OUT THE PAIN LEVEL FOR THE REST OF THE TIME BEFORE THE GYM CLOSED.

KILL THAT SHIT

Video below

Considering a break. Ive trained for about a year now, since the last long break (10 months) with only a few weeks off. I do it more to renew my fire now. It usually at peak size that it occurs. Which is where Im at now. No new size records, so its hard to back off, when so close. However Ive gotten used to it, and realized that the size increases are gradual and its more cumulative. Every year regardless I make new size gains. Strength gains are very rapid at this stage and will continue when I come back. I regain lost size quickly when back on the routine.

There was size gain last year, I just mean no new size records during this last 2 month growth phase. (about that length)

Its not definate and Im spontaneous so I go by feel. Wouldnt mind giving my chest strain some time to heal as well. Acid has flared up real bad and throat is always burned and sore from that lately. Want to do some other shit, and the routine becomes all consuming. My mind hasnt been into that shit the last few months. Loss of interest, not really giving a fuck about a little more size or strength at this point. This has been a normal part of the routine the last few years though. So its nothing new.

May not last long, but its been on the way for a while now.

KILL THAT SHIT

About to go in the gym and fuck around with some shoulders. Took the last 6 days off. Felt like training today since I didnt lose any measurable size. Eating was very low as I was on a break, in my mind. I may still take a break, anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.

Today I just feel like going in to test my strength for fun. Maybe break some PRs with 315x10 plus, 365x5 plus on the smith military presses. My mind is mostly out of it so I have no clear plan.

Though right now its difficult to completely turn off that KILL THAT SHIT programming. Will possibly post some vids and see what I have today. Another possibility, instead of a break, is going back to a more balanced maintenance phase again, so I can get other shit done. My mind has to be fully comitted to enter a growth phase at this stage. My last maintenance phase was basically a slow growth phase, so well see.

KILL THAT SHIT

Shoulders, Rear delts (Overhead presses and trap focused laterals, Reverse machine flies)

Low volume, Moderate weight

Broke some more records today with the military presses, despite taking the last 6 days off and hardly eating as well. This is only my third week back doing them, so there is alot of room left for strength gains. I am still hitting the later sets pre exhausted and not saving my strength. From 275 and up is to failure. I like to be able to hit the heavier weights for reps after being pre exhausted. Means I have alot more strength fresh. Ive often taken even my warm ups to failure and every set up the pyramid, while still breaking records on each set, some days. Generally when Im stronger , every set will be up a rep or several, depending on the gain. Today it was 1 rep strength increase on everything, except the 385 which was a new weight for that movement. So I cant say where it was strength wise prior.

Was tempted to hit 405 but had some upper chest cramping, and after the two pops in the right side of my chest, I decided to restrain myself and dropset with 315 and down. 405 would be no problem for atleast 2 reps, even pre exhausted I think. Right now Im just being careful with this chest issue.

Still using a narrower grip. Thumb length from where the knurling begins. Usually for barbell presses I use a very wide grip, which im much stronger with. Im avoiding that now because of these chest strains. Even though its a shoulder press, the wide grip irritates that area. Most likely with a wide grip Id be a good deal stronger. On inclines I should be much stronger, once this chest heals, since this movement is all shoulders.

The bench may have been back slightly farther this time, but it felt about the same. The bench is at the same angle, as far as the notch setting, but it may have been pushed back an extra inch or so. Still not familiar with the exact way I had it set, since this is a new movement.

I was considering taking off about 3 months, and maybe coming back in May. So I was detached completely from the routine. Eating very little and not training for the last 6 days. Considering, breaking records was not bad. Since I was atleast 3 lbs lighter but measurements were about the same. Minimum consequence these days for taking a week off. Had I been training and eating I wouldve been alot stronger.

I have no plan right now. Acid has been flaring up bad in throat. Waking up every several hours often, gargling acid and phlegm, choking. It comes in phases but it really fucks with diet and energy levels. My sleep quality is already shit, so it doesnt help with energy either. Really fucks up meals with acid and bile in throat and mouth often. My throat was real dry and sore for several days as well from all the acid.

I can push through that, but I wanted a break more for my mind, and possibly to heal chest strain some as well. I always come back much stronger from breaks. Like the 10 month break last year. My joints and tendons are more re inforced after long breaks and strength is able to be pushed for much longer. Size eventually follows. I struggled with taking a break this time, because I have no real injuries. Often times Im relieved when I have a strained muscle or minor injury. Gives me an excuse to take a break. Otherwise its hard as hell for me to back off and justify it. Learning to adapt though. I realise for the long term I need to be able to pace myself. In the past I grinded through everything. Even the eating was mechanical. One time I ate most of my paper plate that I had some dried out chicken breasts on, without realising it. Eating was always something I despised. I learned easier foods and methods to get in more food later on, but back then I didnt care. Id hit the buffet for 4 hours and sit in front of massive meals for many hours.

I have the advantage now of having a much slower metabolism and being on hormone replacement. So now is the time when its easiest for me to grow and get stronger. So theres no need to push shit like I did in the past. I will force breaks sometimes to keep shit fresh. Im considering maybe backing down on eating and still training when I feel like it, for maintenance for now. Getting stronger most likely, and maybe denser but not much growth unless I eat for it. I easily stay around 238-243 without pushing food heavy now. To gain more body mass requires heavier force feeding without anabolics. I will probably go off the HRT for this month as well, to give my body a break.

Will feel shit out.

Still on a full rep cycle for shoulder presses. I cycle rep ranges. Since the reps are not too high , it wont be too much elbow wear and tear. I switch it up to get stronger in different ranges of motion. Constant tension has worked best for me though, staying in that mid range and preserving elbows, not locking out. Just switching shit up.

Back felt better today. And right leg cramp is gone. The few days off loosened shit up for now.

235 lbs after 2 meals

Smith Machine Military Press (Bench angled back slightly from 90 degrees to take off spinal pressure, Full reps, down to chin and locked out)

Bar X ?? (warm up)
135x20 (warm)
225x18 (warm)
275x21 (1 rep PR, warm up)
315x11 (1 rep PR)
365x5 (1 rep PR. Skipped 335 and 350 today, felt warmed up enough. Some upper chest cramping made me slightly paranoid, with chest strains)
385x3 (PR. New weight for this movement. Only third week doing this movement)

See videos for 275,315,365,385 lb sets

No rest til line (see video)

315x7
275x6
225x7
185x8
135x10
-------------- (Not to failure, just pump work)

Nautilus Overhead Presses (Full reps. Deeper reps. Seat set to Line below 7. )

360x15 (Warm up)
450x10 (warm)
540x7 (fatigued quickly today.)

No rest til line

590x2
540x3
450x5
360x5
270x8
--------

See videos for 540 lb set and 590 lb dropset

Dumbbell Laterals (Trap focused version. Was feeling some cramping up around neck/trap area, so didnt push it)

No rest til line

45x30
70x10
45x10
-------------------

No rest til line

50x30
55x10
45x10
---------

Reverse Machine Flies (Brief and long holds)

160x20
220x10
220x10
220x10
220x10

KILL THAT SHIT

videos below

Last edited:
Top Bottom