Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Taking Up Boxing

the_alcatraz

Head Mod
Elite Moderator
So I was in the gym doing some squats, and heard some boxer say that I might look Big because of the juice, but I can't fight for shit...he said something like he could kill me with one punch. Now being on the juice and squatting, I'm usually feeling aggressive and pumped. I was also pissed that day, so I decided to confront him. We both ended up in the ring, and round one, I wiped the floor with him and hit blood was on my shirt, and his face looked like it was run over by a train. To my surprise, that guy was an amateur boxer trying to go pro and one of the best fighters in the gym. Just today, his coach came up to me asking me if I would like to take up boxing as a profession, telling me that the last time he saw that guy take a beating was last year, and he didnt look as bad...

So, I"m considering becoming a pro boxer, or training to become one...whatcha guys think?

Waste of time, or go for it?

how old are you?

do you have any experience in fighting?

are you familiar with boxing - martial arts and the type of training it takes to be pro?

layinback said:
how old are you?

do you have any experience in fighting?

are you familiar with boxing - martial arts and the type of training it takes to be pro?

I'm 24. Been fighting since I was 8. I have a black belt in Muay-Tai and a black belt in Full-contact kickboxing. Was captain of wrestling team in highschool and university.

Never did boxing though.

the_alcatraz said:
I'm 24. Been fighting since I was 8. I have a black belt in Muay-Tai and a black belt in Full-contact kickboxing. Was captain of wrestling team in highschool and university.

Never did boxing though.

well, you out boxed a boxer lol. this is an indication that you have a real
talent for fighting. boxing is a highly technical style and you usually don't
luck up and beat a skilled fighter.

i believe that great fighters have an inborn talent. now obviously you must
work at it and develop skill and technique.

professional boxing is THE most demanding \ grueling sport.

i have been in martial arts for 30 yrs. i learned the basics of boxing
in order to be an overall good fighter. i did the cage fighting \ tough man
contest when i was your age. i got lots of offers to go pro but i didn't want
to do it and i had some personal issues at the time.

it's your decision young man. if you have the dedication and desire coupled with the heart of a fighter then go for it. lots of easier ways
to make a living lol

:)

layinback said:
well, you out boxed a boxer lol. this is an indication that you have a real
talent for fighting. boxing is a highly technical style and you usually don't
luck up and beat a skilled fighter.

i believe that great fighters have an inborn talent. now obviously you must
work at it and develop skill and technique.

professional boxing is THE most demanding \ grueling sport.

i have been in martial arts for 30 yrs. i learned the basics of boxing
in order to be an overall good fighter. i did the cage fighting \ tough man
contest when i was your age. i got lots of offers to go pro but i didn't want
to do it and i had some personal issues at the time.

it's your decision young man. if you have the dedication and desire coupled with the heart of a fighter then go for it. lots of easier ways
to make a living lol

:)

Well, problem is I just got married a few months back, I have a demanding job and my schedual is tight as hell. So I'll probably start boxing this week, and we'll see what happens...if I see myself becoming a boxing champ, then I might just go for it!

One question... Did you two actually BOX or did you street fight with gloves on? There's a HUGE difference. I've been boxing for awhile and its a great way to build your cardio.

needfasp3ed said:
One question... Did you two actually BOX or did you street fight with gloves on? There's a HUGE difference. I've been boxing for awhile and its a great way to build your cardio.

We actually did some boxing in the ring. I've been boxing for a few days. It is frickin intense cardio.

You may as well fight MMA if you have Muay Thai and Wrestling skills. What college, or at least what division did you wrestle?

And BTW, I'm assuming this guy was similar in weight to you, and not full of shit about being good enough to go pro?

KOArtist said:
You may as well fight MMA if you have Muay Thai and Wrestling skills. What college, or at least what division did you wrestle?

And BTW, I'm assuming this guy was similar in weight to you, and not full of shit about being good enough to go pro?

I won nationals back home for a while (Lebanon)
The level of competition in martial arts is decent
I did martial arts for 11 yrs, got 2 black belts, got sick of it...boxing has more appeal to me.
The guy I fought is a good fighter. He has a strong right cross and a powerful right uppercut. But I still wiped the floor with him.

Top Bottom