Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stupid Arguement: Does Rare/Med Rare steak have blood?

Rare = blood... not a ton, but some.

Medium Rare = pink on the inside, traces of blood

Medium = pink in the middle, but no traces of blood

just my 2c

Any of the otehr cooks/chefs might correct me on this but as far as I know, ALL meat has blood in it, technically, you're not cooking the blood out, what you are doing is changing the nature of the proteins, binding them tighter, cooking the water out, and breaking down collagen.

Extremely raw meat is very tough because of the collagen and muscle fibers, extremely well done meat is tough because the proteins are wound as tight as they can be, you still have collagen, and you've forced all the moisture OUT of the meat because the protein has actually sort of "clenched" up ... its why you have to allow meat to rest after cooking.

I like mine medium well but hammy likes med raw or whatever
When we cook a london broil, i eat the edges he eats the middle

what the hell is juice? water? blood? a mixture of both?

I like my meat blue.... I want to hear that motherfucker say, "Mooooooooooooooo!"

This and the fact that I have to be gone by the time the sun comes up has led a few to assume that I am a vampire.

LOL Maybe they are correct. ;)

Lestat said:
what the hell is juice? water? blood? a mixture of both?
A mixture basically.

The vast majority of the blood is removed during processing, but you can't drain it utterly dry, it's not possible.

All muscle tissue holds water (muscle without water = jerky).

As meat is cooked the fibers are drawn tighter, forcing liquid out (the longer you cook meat, the drier it becomes until it utterly disintegrates when you've removed all the collagen).

Heck, in some cultures blood is considered a delicacy (blood soup, blood sausage, blood pudding).

Top Bottom