Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Strength without Size or Size without Strength ? ?

I have noticed alot of the stronger guys that look like they don't even lift usually have very bad diets and just come into the gym and lift .
If they had better diets and higher protien intake they would build muscle to match their strenght.

I was the same way in my early 20's benched all the time squated alot and nurologically my body got stronger pound for pound
but it wasnt till i relized 80% of muscle growth maybe even higher is all in the diet ( protien ,calorie intake ) ingesting more food then they burn off and enough protien to build muscle then keep the muscle as storage tanks rather then gas tanks running on empty

I have noticed alot of the stronger guys that look like they don't even lift usually have very bad diets and just come into the gym and lift .
If they had better diets and higher protien intake they would build muscle to match their strenght.

I was the same way in my early 20's benched all the time squated alot and nurologically my body got stronger pound for pound
but it wasnt till i relized 80% of muscle growth maybe even higher is all in the diet ( protien ,calorie intake ) ingesting more food then they burn off and enough protien to build muscle then keep the muscle as storage tanks rather then gas tanks running on empty

Yep! I have guy's in the gym who have been training for several years and still look the same when they started!

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

RADAR

Last edited:
Exactly, its not like there is a specific weight you can lift for a body part that will ensure its big eg- squating 800 or benching 405 . i know numerous people that can squat more then me but i still got bigger legs then them and they cant understand it. honestly i dropped the ego about a year into training and realised that if i didnt focus on using perfect form and feelin my muscles work then i would get nowhere or wined up injured. best thing i ever did!

You're a wise man. I'm just now coming around to this. In the last 2 weeks i've dropped the ego and weight, concentrated on the mind/muscle connection, and implemented a SLOW negative on each rep.

I've been FUCKING SORE! And no worries for injury either.

In a perfect and ideal world, strength is directly related to mass.

However, realistically, you can have a tiny guy stronger than a moutain of muscles.

Tendon strength must have something to do with this also.

I see a dude in the gym doing the leg sled with eight 45's on each side and his legs are only average. Hard to believe.

Highschool kids in my gym can squat amazing amount of weight, but have skinny legs and usually bad form. Still alot of weight though.

ya i wonderded the same thing before.

I on the other hand have huge bi's and tri's. Shoulders are bad either.
Ive been this way since I started lifting.

But my chest or traps are impossible for me to gain size on...
I have the opposite problem. Chest, traps, and shoulders grow just looking at weights but its very hard for me to put any size on my arms.

yeah cns adaptation, creatine phosphate levels, type I vs. II fibers, these all have a lot to do with it but the biggest reason is simply mechanical advantage.

short limbs have more leverage, actually your whole body shape has a lot to do with how strong you are and strong in what areas.

for example a 135 pound chimpanzee can outlift any human being alive (i think they can do 1000 lb single leg press, can bench something like 800+ pounds) simply because of the skeletal structure and way muscles/ligaments are attached. they don't have bigger or stronger muscles but they have a lot better leverage.

humans have pretty shitty mechanical advantage which is why we must use tools and logic to survive.

i'm one of these skinny strong guys yall are talking about. the really weird thing is i eat like a mule. anything i see i will eat (except for tomatoes and onions) along with 2 protein shakes a day, i'm almost literally never full, i just get tired of putting food in my mouth after about 45 minutes. now i'm not super skinny but my arms are only 16.5 inches but i bench the same as my workout partner who has 40+ pounds on me. i did ask my doctor a few years ago why i could do this and he said i have strong tendons... go figure.

i'll be the first to admit my diet isn't clean 100% of the time but i don't eat any sweets or drink any sodas or things of that nature. the last time i had a coke i got heart burn like bitch and i haven't had chocolate in almost 3 months. i do have the occasional whopper but it's no big deal with my metabolism. just giving you an idea of how i'm eating.

Top Bottom