Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

star wars boofs.......

redsamurai said:
???? did leia's message say that these droids used to belong to obi wan?? And how would she have known?

i am pretty sure it said they were the property of obi. i would have 2 assume that her father told her especially since she was looking for obi.

GUARDIAN said:
i am pretty sure it said they were the property of obi. i would have 2 assume that her father told her especially since she was looking for obi.

aha.........makes sense it now does. :)

redsamurai said:
I got a question. Last month I watched the star wars marathon on spike tv. I caught something that doesnt' match between the two sets of triliogies. In the first 3 movies, artoo and 3pio have big parts.......they're around obi wan all the time. Weren't both of them on padme's ship at the end of the 3rd when obi wan fucks vader up? That's why they were with Leia at the beginning of the 4th movie, right? So why did Obi wan profess to not know artoo in "A new hope"?? I might be missing something fundamental.......but didn't obi wan profess to never have even owned such a droid? But he would have been the one that gave the droids to Leia's adopted parents........????

Son, R2 units were a dime a dozen back then, and Obi Wan didn't own one, therefore what he said was true. They were with Leia at the beginning of "A New Hope" because they were in the possession of Captain Antillies (captain of the ship Leia was on).

Leia put the message in R2 not knowing the history of the droid. All she knew was that Obi Wan Kenobi served her father in the clone wars, and he resided on Tatooine (which they just happened to be flying over at the time).

Savvy?

redsamurai said:
???? did leia's message say that these droids used to belong to obi wan?? And how would she have known?

The message from Leia started out :

"Obi Wan Kenobi...years ago, you served my father in the clone wars..."

n00b.

old kenobi said he never owned an r2 unit. That maybe true, but surely he would have remembered r2. Wasn't r2 qwigong's?? He would at least remember that that he used to know an r2 unit. And in a "new hope", artoo was telling luke that he was looking for his old master. I think willow might be right, there's no ryme or reason to this........it's just inconsistent.

Top Bottom