Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

star wars boofs.......

redsamurai said:
old kenobi said he never owned an r2 unit. That maybe true, but surely he would have remembered r2. Wasn't r2 qwigong's?? He would at least remember that that he used to know an r2 unit. And in a "new hope", artoo was telling luke that he was looking for his old master. I think willow might be right, there's no ryme or reason to this........it's just inconsistent.

Like I said, the R2 units were a dime a dozen. He may have looked at R2 and thought to himself "These things were everywhere back in the day" much the same as you and I would think when looking at a Mustang GT from the mid 80's.

Yes, Qui-Gon Jinn owned R2, but Obi-Wan never officially took ownership once Qui-Gon fell victim to the evil Darth Maul, therefore once again reinforcing what Obi-Wan said in episode IV about not recalling the ownership of a droid.

R2 may have been telling Luke he was looking for his old master because someone in the Imperial IT department (probably a distant relative of Pintoca) screwed up while erasing the droids memories. 3P0 was successfully zapped, while R2 still had some dingle-berries.

GUARDIAN said:
this is not the thread u r looking for............
2eev98x.jpg

Even better is that in Return of the Jedi, Leia talks about how she does remember her mother...and that she was always very sad.

Yet Padme died right after shitting the kids out. Yes, she was probably very sad as she died, but I doubt Leia remembered it.

c'mon, he's a jedi.....not likely he'd forget the r2 that saved his ass. He'd at least have said I once owned an r2 unit, not sure if this is the one or not.

jack sparrow said:
Like I said, the R2 units were a dime a dozen. He may have looked at R2 and thought to himself "These things were everywhere back in the day" much the same as you and I would think when looking at a Mustang GT from the mid 80's.

Yes, Qui-Gon Jinn owned R2, but Obi-Wan never officially took ownership once Qui-Gon fell victim to the evil Darth Maul, therefore once again reinforcing what Obi-Wan said in episode IV about not recalling the ownership of a droid.

R2 may have been telling Luke he was looking for his old master because someone in the Imperial IT department (probably a distant relative of Pintoca) screwed up while erasing the droids memories. 3P0 was successfully zapped, while R2 still had some dingle-berries.

redsamurai said:
I got a question. Last month I watched the star wars marathon on spike tv. I caught something that doesnt' match between the two sets of triliogies. In the first 3 movies, artoo and 3pio have big parts.......they're around obi wan all the time. Weren't both of them on padme's ship at the end of the 3rd when obi wan fucks vader up? That's why they were with Leia at the beginning of the 4th movie, right? So why did Obi wan profess to not know artoo in "A new hope"?? I might be missing something fundamental.......but didn't obi wan profess to never have even owned such a droid? But he would have been the one that gave the droids to Leia's adopted parents........????

R2 was Padme's and then Anakin's droid. Technically, Jedi's, being super hippies, can't own property and Anakin was "looking after" R2. For some strange reason C3PO's memory was wiped at the end of Sith but not R2's.

Here is R2's history....
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R2-D2

Lucas had a stroke....and killed the continuity girl. It was as big a scandal as Chappaquickkywhozzits and Natalie Wood's, ahem, *drowning*. Oh yeah, and we never landed on the moon either. :worried:

Top Bottom