Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

squats and deadlifts vs their variations

What do you use to compensate for the reduced activation of the glutes and hams from the front squat?

B-

RDL for hams, conventional deads for glutes. I'm training purely for hypertrophy, front squats seem to be great for quad development. Seeing as I'm not too fussed about strength or just getting my squat stronger, I don't really think the reduced activation of glutes and hams from fronties is something that actually needs compensation, or would you disagree?

RDL for hams, conventional deads for glutes. I'm training purely for hypertrophy, front squats seem to be great for quad development. Seeing as I'm not too fussed about strength or just getting my squat stronger, I don't really think the reduced activation of glutes and hams from fronties is something that actually needs compensation, or would you disagree?
I see your point, but heavy back squat is the best lift for developing big legs

^ I have no doubt that they are, it's just that given my appalling shoulder flexibility and recent RC injuries, the front squat seems like a far safer alternative at the moment! I'm working on shoulder flexibility, so I hope to be able to properly back squat comfortable in the foreseeable future.

^ I have no doubt that they are, it's just that given my appalling shoulder flexibility and recent RC injuries, the front squat seems like a far safer alternative at the moment! I'm working on shoulder flexibility, so I hope to be able to properly back squat comfortable in the foreseeable future.
I have an RC strain at the moment. they make a special bar with handles in front you can grab so you dont have to reach behind. its great for shoulder injuries

I have an RC strain at the moment. they make a special bar with handles in front you can grab so you dont have to reach behind. its great for shoulder injuries

I have one of these. It is a bit different than the traditional safety squat bar you mentioned.

Not only does it give you the same benefit os the SS bar, but since the weight is so low it really forces you to stabilize.

B

I have one of these. It is a bit different than the traditional safety squat bar you mentioned.

Not only does it give you the same benefit os the SS bar, but since the weight is so low it really forces you to stabilize.

B
the one I use is the same brand, just comes straight out instead of going low. they have your style at my gym too. works wonders to keep training squat with an upper body injury. used it when I partially tore my pec too. If not for doing squats, I would lose my sanity when suffering an upper body injury

Top Bottom