Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squat DISASTER

OK
This might sound like the most stupid thing in the world but: I FUCKING DETEST SQUATS

I can never do them right! i can never finish my sets properly! my lowe back always hurts! even when i ask my trainer on how to do them properly i never get it right!
the same with fucking lunges!
so i've been doing leg presses and hack squats and leg extensions and curls for the whole time...
but i really want to grow! and not only that but to defeat this mistake i've been making and i do not know what it is!
any tips!
please help!!

Gerardo *

HEy

Im no pro body builder, but my legs are large mainly due from squatting

Squatting Tips:

1) always use light weight until your form is perfect and you can feel your quads, hamstrings, and calves taking the weight

2) keep your feet alittle more then shoulder width apart

3) keep your chin up throughout the entire movement. THis helps to ensure the weight is taking by your legs and not ur back

4) focus on pushing up from the heels of your feet on upward portion of the movement.

If your lower back hurts after squats, your form needs to be corrected and your probably using to much weight.

Focus on getting ur form down before you hit the big weights. This will help.

For me, my chest is terriable. I 20 degree incline 40 lbs dbs barely!! But i can squat quite a bit. So dont feel bad.

Good luck

Sounds like you need to strengthen your lower back. Try some deadlifts; go real light at first. That will help.

get a new trainer. if a trainer cant coach you on how to squat or lunge, that person doesnt belong working for you.

its all about supply and demand. i was working with a girl who wanted speed and power. i wasnt familiar with plyometrics as much as another trainer was, who was actually also in the same sport as my client. i stepped aside and gave her to the other trainer. if your trainer cant deliver, find one that can.

are you doing back day before leg day,i have done this and it hurts like crazy to squat the next day

use the smith machine and put a flat bench underneath you. think about it like sitting down in a chair and then rising up. A problem I have is i tend to raise up on my tip toes so i put 5 lb plates under them so that i couldn't physically do it anymore. Hope this helps some... it helped me a lot.

Rich

i have to agree, there are progressive steps for learning to squat correctly, if your trainer does not know how to teach a squat, it means he/she has no knowledge of basic exercise technique and it detracts from the credibility of the proffession, there are too many trainers like this and it pisses me off, end rant :)

bignate73 said:
get a new trainer. if a trainer cant coach you on how to squat or lunge, that person doesnt belong working for you.

its all about supply and demand. i was working with a girl who wanted speed and power. i wasnt familiar with plyometrics as much as another trainer was, who was actually also in the same sport as my client. i stepped aside and gave her to the other trainer. if your trainer cant deliver, find one that can.

Thanks a lot for all your replies guys, you sure did help!
and i don't think i'll blame it on the damn trainer... can't ask for too much where i live anyways...

Gerardo *

the_paradise_garage said:
i don't think i'll blame it on the damn trainer... can't ask for too much where i live anyways...

Gerardo *

yes you can! if that person is trying to pass himself off as a trainer, AND charging money, you had better get service that is proportional to the cost.

Top Bottom