Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Speeding thyroid metabolism back up

BSmooth

Is there a way to speed your thyroid back up? After cutting for an extended period of time (like I am now) I feel like I need to cut calories further to get better results. I'm already 1200 or so under maintenance. I don't want to go lower though because then my thyroid will get even worse. Is there a way to speed it back up, short of eating more food and gaining back some fat?

You could try periodic sprints.
Just every once in a while do a top speed dash, like for 30seconds.

BSmooth,

If I remember correctly you are a relativly small guy that does tons of cadio and you eat like a big bodybuilder I think you said somthing like 3500 cals. a day. If i'm not getting you confused with someone else I'd say that you have no problem with metabolism. If I am getting you confused with someone else please post your workout, stats and current diet. :cool:

Not me, I am 6'4 right now around 225 pounds. Eating between 2000-2500 cals per day. Diet is perfect, split into 6 meals or so, only wholesome foods, 1g protein per lb of bodyweight per day.

I hate cardio and only do it sparingly.

Work out 4, sometimes 5x a week

Short of eating more and drugs I wouldn't have a clue as to how to speed up your thyroid. As far as eating more to speed it up, it don't always take much of an increase nor do you have to do it for very long. If you are eating 6 perfect meals a day you could probably up your daily intake to 3000 - 3500 (maintenance) for a week or two. You shouldn't see any fat gain, may see some lean mass gain, this will speed up your thyroid as well as your BMR. If you are truly going 1200 cals. below maintenance then you are probably hurting yourself. If you have been going 1200 below maintenance for very long than your thyroid probably has adapted to the lower intake and you are actually only going around 300 below your new true AMR. I like to cycle calorie intake from week to week it's convenient for me cause I work shift work and don't feel like eating as much while working nights anyway. This keeps my thyroid active and my BMR up. I have almost reached a plateau on weight loss but my bf% and waistline is still falling. I hope to start gaining more weight (lean mass) within the next month.

Bottom Line: The point I'm trying to make is that I want hurt (should help) to cycle you calorie intake every once in a while especially if you are eating 6 clean meals a day.

Sorry I got you confused. The karate guy got me confused with Jeetkunedo

Well, you could be our guinea pig for the new Biotest product T2. It's supposed to be specifically for thyroid output. One bottle lasts about 6 weeks from what I've read, but dont want to try it just yet. Hopefully it isnt a scam.

As much as you hate cardio I think that simply adding some to your regimen would start up your fat furnace again. I too hate cardio and for the first 6 weeks of my diet I didn't do any. Then my progress began to stall and instead of lowering calories further I simply started doing some cardio and my progress immediately got better.

I'd suggest doing a simple half hour of brisk walking on a treadmill after every workout. I workout 4x a week, do 30 mins of cardio after those workouts and then 30 min of cardio on 2 more days that I don't workout. I don't do any exercise on Sunday.

The only way to keep losing fat without resorting to cardio is to further reduce calories which isn't the best choice. You could increase calories for a week or 2 to help increase your metabolism. However I think that you will keep running into this wall, and it will come faster and faster the lower bodyfat you get. Just do some cardio and get it over with.

One day per week eat bulk calories.

I did this on Saturdays and ate around 4000cals and the rest of the week was around 2000cals.

If it's only for 24hours you will gain little or any fat. It will increase metabolic rate, replenish your muscle glycogen and keep your sanity.

DREXX made a good point in saying that you need a high calorie day. Since you are not in 'Ketosis', I presume, you can just up your calories just as DREXX stated.
Now, if you want to be 'scientific' about the matter; the true way of upping your thyroids, in my view, is a drastic increase in carbohydrates. This theory has been used in practice by many bodybuilders I know who come off high-doses of cytomel(T3):
For 3 days: (no training AT ALL)
Eat 600 carbs, w/ your daily protein maintainance amount (your weight x .9=amnt. of protein), and some EFA, like Flax, grapeseed and some MCT's.
This seems like, at a first glance, your going to put on weight, but in 3 days the most I would assume you could put on, considering your diet is properly followed, is about 1/2 lb fat maximum.
My2cents
Mr.X:cool:

Top Bottom