Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

someone trying to convince me that protein should be eaten 45 min- hour after workout

I tend to lean toward the natural preserverance of natural HGH levels, as opposed to fostering their decline. And as such, I prefer to "enhance" natural levels of HGH where all possible, short of taking Recombinant HGH Therapy at a cost of thousands of dollars. And according to the reputable publications that I have reviewed on the subject - and I am no medical doctor - I am absolutely convinced small "enhancements" such as I described in previous posts slow the decline of HGH levels in the body, reverting to benefit the body instead. Anything you can do to keep HGH levels from declining as they do at a rapid rate of upwards of 15% from the ages of 30 to 45 - the better you are.

Aging as we know it, is simply a product of HGH decline. Along with this comes it's clinical symptoms: unfavorable body composition (increased bodyfat), decreased bone density, poor lipid metabolism, impaired cardiovascular function and decrease physical performance, and drastic reduction in muscle mass. So as not to turn this into a HGH thread and get way off the initial subject, I will simply state that minor adjustments made to diet can reep enormous benefits as far as increasing natural levels of HGH go. My recommendation to wait 45 minutes before consuming your post-workout meal was based soley on clinical studies on the subject of post exercise performance and it's effect on hormones. I suppose it all depends on what you're after as to what you consume and when you consume your postworkout meal. For optimum fatloss: wait 45 minutes. For optimum performance: consume immediately. That's my simple recommendation.

I respect your opinions, thus we shall just agree to disagree. :)

Incidentally, at 34 years of age (soon to be 35) I am in the absolute best shape of my life, despite the fact that I have been strength training for 18 years. At 210 pounds, my bodyfat varies from as low as 7% to a "soft" 13%. Even at 13% bodyfat, I'm fairly sharp and tend to carry a "four pack" as opposed to a six pack I carry around the summer months when I reduce my bodyfat. I'm no medical doctor, and never claimed to be a expert, but I do observe things very well, and most importantly I'm not narrow minded - thus I'm open to new ideas. It's these new ideas and what seems to be unorthadox ways of dieting/training that has brought my physique to new levels in a fraction of the time. If you learn anything from my posts - and I hope you do - learn to be openminded about everything, and don't get stuck on just one idea of point of view. Experiment a little. :)

Last edited:
Well, since this is a Diet Discussion Board I made the assumption fatloss was the topic originator's priority.

I'm assuming many people here will sacrifice performance for body composition. i.e they're not concerned with getting their benchpress higher, they're concerned with losing the botbelly; thus my recommendations vary.

Without getting too much into the debate about what to eat when, I just want to point out that most of the hGH increase you get post exercise is a non-functional isoform and does not contribute to IGF-1 activity (which is the real muscle builder, NOT the hGH). In other words you get more hGH circulating after exercise, but it does not contribute significantly to muscle growth. It can however act as an anti-catabolic (but so does insulin/glucose). Not all endogenous hGH is the same. Going to sleep with low insulin levels will probably do more for your hGH/IGF-1 induced muscle growth than going without food post-workout IMHO.

My advice is to eat immediately afterwards if you're trying to gain muscle, and put it off 30-60 minutes if you're trying to lose fat. Grim Divinity clearly states he is interested in building muscle.

"Without getting too much into the debate about what to eat when, I just want to point out that most of the hGH increase you get post exercise is a non-functional isoform and does not contribute to IGF-1 activity (which is the real muscle builder, NOT the hGH). In other words you get more hGH circulating after exercise, but it does not contribute significantly to muscle growth. It can however act as an anti-catabolic (but so does insulin/glucose). Not all endogenous hGH is the same. Going to sleep with low insulin levels will probably do more for your hGH/IGF-1 induced muscle growth than going without food post-workout IMHO."

Exactly.

Rudee34, why don't you step on over to the Anabolic Forum, and tell them what you told us. The big boys will be interested to hear about your "science based" ideas that work so well in the real world. :rolleyes:

P.S. Are you also a big fan of HMB??

In defense of Rudee34, I assume he is here to learn AND help like the rest of us. None of us can know everything about every topic. So now he's learned two neat lessons.....the effects of post exercise GH excretion are probably over-rated, AND it's a very good idea to stay away from the anabolics board because ya'll run around with giant flame-throwers over your shoulders. Considering this board is virtually unmoderated I think it does an admirable job of keeping things civilized. Let's try our best to keep it that way :)

Top Bottom