Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Some Old Timers Talk About Steroids

Nelson Montana

Chairman of Board
Chairman Member
Over the years I've come in contact, either personally, through doing interviews, or just doing research, with a lot of the guys from the classic era of bodybuilding and their admission of drug use was pretty candid.

I just thought I'd throw a few remarks out there that I remember off the top of my head.

Don Howorth: People said dianabol didn't do much but they were full of it. I took 20 mgs a day and my bench press skyrocketed. I never felt any side effects. I don't think I took enough to notice. "

Larry Scott: "We only used a couple of dianabol pills a day and they really made a difference. Messed with the libido though."

Dave Draper: "I just did a little Winstrol prior to a show because everybody else was doing something and I wanted that edge too. I heard that Winstrol didn't bloat so that's what I used. "

Sergio Oliva: I used 200 mgs of Deca a week and 25 mgs of Winstrol a day, but I cut out the Winstrol becaue i started getting too "veiny." (!!!):eek2:

Less Stockton: (from the Muscle Beach era) "I wish we had them in my day. We would have done anything to get more muscle."

(Friend of Arnold). "Arnold was a madmen. He took a shot of Primo and 10 dianabol every day. No one was doing that much at the time."

Don Ross: "My favorite desert is dianabol pie!" (Seriously, he'd make a pie with a bottle of dbol and bring it to the gym).

Zabo Koszewski: I never took steroids. I wasn't that big anyway and all I had going for me was my definition. I figured the sauce would cover it up. But I knew there came a time I just couldn't compete against guys who were younger and bigger and juiced to the gills.

(Friend of Frank Zane). "Frank used low dosages of Primo and winny but he was also the first guy to use Armour Thyroid to get cut. It worked!"

Danny Padilla. "Dbol worked just fine for me so that's all I used. "

And a couple from years later...

Dareem Charles. "I never use any stimulants. I'm too thin as it is and fat burners just make me smaller."

Craig Titus. (For what its worth). Anything over a gram is a waste. I never noticed any gains beyond that, but I still went to 2 grams -- only because if it gave me another ounce of muscle, it was worth it. "

It is interesting when you think about how crazy people get today with stacking, doses, etc. And this is people who do not even compete!

Last edited:
i dont even believe taking the amounts they did was even necessary, i think its obvious theres an exponential graph.. i mean theres no doubt that the difference between 10 mgs of dianabol is going to be greater than 1mg..but 90 mg ed of dbolisnt going to really make much of a difference if u add another 20-30... i think it shows a serious loss of reality,etc.. sound like drug addics to me (sorry) not comparing them to people who take heroin.. it just sounds like that.. sounds more mental to some of them if anytrhing " id do anything for another ounce of muscle.."

Theres a video on youtube just type in ricdrasin , hes from the "golden age" of bodybuilding and he interviewed Bill Grant , they said in those days they would take 100 mg test a WEEK and some winstrol , sometimes cytomel, and dianabol as well.. Crazy how these guys got so big with so little but they trained for HOURS , I really dont get how they got that big for training so log on such little juice, even with good genetics training for 3 - 4 hours 5 or 6 times a week seems crazy!

I am 35. My father placed in a couple local bodybuiding competitions in the early and mid 80's and place 2nd in one and third in another. When I was the young age of 18. My buddy and I experimented with d-ball. The pill was tiny and white. A quantity of 100 could fit in a bottle not much bigger than a 10cc vile. I was taking them and was stupid and would leave this little bottle, brown in color and printed in bulgarian language out. My father found the bottle in my room on top of my dresser. He then proceeded to flush the rest of them. He knew exactly what it was. He said in his gym back in the early 80's so many bodybuiders were abusing this drug like crazy. He said you could find them on the floor, it was used so much back then. I asked him if he used them to get his trophies for bodybuilding. He said he tried it and it gave him anxiety and he stopped. I call b.s. because I trained natural after that for several years and never seemed to get to a competition level. However other factors were at play. It seems d-ball was the drug of choice in those days.

Good find Nelson, its amazing that even with all the advancements in supplements and roids the time and tested way always prevails. Like you always advocate , slow steady gains will be kept over time.

jesus@ the dbol comments.

it sounds like they just took it randomly. 10 dbol a day???

dbol pie???

just popping them like whatever?

talk about fluctuating your hormones...i wonder how common gyno and "roidrage" was back then

jesus@ the dbol comments.

it sounds like they just took it randomly. 10 dbol a day???

dbol pie???

just popping them like whatever?

talk about fluctuating your hormones...i wonder how common gyno and "roidrage" was back then

Back then, dbol was only in a 5 mg tab.

Top Bottom