Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sleep

Have you ever had your progesterone levels checked?
Low progesterone can cause chronic insomnia. You can get USP progesterone cream OTC

okay where to start?....im in the same boat as you- and have tried countless sleep aids. number one my doctor also perscribed me trazadone, and for the first 2 nights (no joke) it worked, then my body started getting used to it and wasnt responding well. this effect is common because trazadone is actually and anti anxiety pill. not really meant as a sleep aid but docs will perscribe it because its non habit forming aka not addicting. all it does is relaxes your muscles, which makes you feel heavier and when you get that feeling you wanna lay down and sleep. then i tried melatonin- it did wonders for me- but i also would get crazy dreams, never really got that foggy feeling, but towards the end (after taking it for about 3 months) my body also started building up a tolerance to that. ive taken melatoning multiple times but have to take a break after a few months. after that i struggled to find something else and started using other drugs which are too intense for just sleep, but they worked. im sure your not looking to take morphine- ahha. i tried the valerian pills, its a root so the pills STINK and you have to take 5-6 pills as suggested on the bottle for it to take effect, i noticed nothing when i took 7! i wasnt sleepy and i couldnt stay asleep. plus if you burp the next morning that nasty smell comes up again (gross i know). unisom tabs work great, they dont really make you tired or drowsy, but as soon as you do fall asleep it keeps you dead asleep for the whole night. down side is, you still have to wait a while to go to fall asleep and you wake up VERY groggy-but well rested. if you have slow mornings usually then maybe you can handle that for an hour or so in the morning. i hated it and had to get my day started asap- so now my bf and i (we both stuggle with sleep problems) both take xanex, also an anti anxiety kinda like trazadone, but it does tire you out and keeps you asleep, also no groggy foggy feeling in the am, only thing is you can get addicted so be careful and its a bit more pricey. but those are some options and insite on things ive expirienced. pm me if you have any questions good luck!

Tren ruins my sleep like no other. Melatonin and valerian root taken with Sleepy time tea works for me.

I am a poor sleeper and have been for years. When I went through a rough time last year, the doc gave me trazadone 50 mgs, to help me sleep and I've used that since. I've been off it for about 3 weeks now. I still have some but felt like it was time to get off. I'm feeling better and back in the gym and don't like being on things for longer than needed.

I've been using melatonin for the last couple of weeks. I originally started at 3 mgs and was great, except for the crazy dreams. I found after a week though, I started feeling foggy during the day. I cut it back to 1.5 mgs but still having that foggy feeling.

Have any of you tried anything else? A couple suggestions from women at work have been valerian root and the calcium/ magnesium supplements too.

Ideas? Experiences??

Try the valerian root. Have you tried that yet?

Be very careful with the Valerian Root. It has interactions with Rx meds like statins and can be toxic to your liver with that combination. It helped me sleep but after my doctor freaked about me taking it with the Crestor, I stopped taking it. I haven't found anything as effective but after reading this thread, I will try magnesium.

I have the same issues with sleep. I've been using a product call Somatomax. It is wonderful! It does give you VERY vivid and funky dreams but I get some sleep now. I don't think I could survive without it.

Top Bottom