Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Situation at my Hotel

the.gladiator1987

Platinum
Alright guys, check this out. We offer Monthly rates and around November this lady stays here for months. Fast forward to 2 months ago and all of a sudden she becomes my supervisor, pretty much assistant manager. Only because she has open availability. I have been here since August and I feel like I should have been offered an assistant manager job or something.

Anyway, she cant compose herself. A bus of guests came, about 25, and all wanted to check in at the same time. She was pretty much freaking out from what I was told. Yelling at guests, and being real emotional to the point where the guests checking in told her to calm down and that it was going to be alright. Someone came to ask her a question about getting a microwave while she was checking in guests, and she told him off yelling at him telling him he was gonna have to wait. I would have justchecked everybody in and told them that the people in the back of the line were gonna have to wait, and that there is nothing I could do about it since I am the only one working. That simple.

Another instance is when some lady had a seizure in the lobby and I was the only person to do something about it. She just stood there while I helped the lady in the lobby and I called the cops and the Ambulance.

And all the time when i come in and its busy, she is always SO overwhelmed. Lots of things to do and she cant keep her composure. Its annoying me

Also, she went to this class to learn Quick-books, and she couldn't finish it because it was too hard. IMO Quick-books looks fucking ridiculously easy as shit. I could probably learn it in one day.

Anyway, I feel like the only reason she is assistant manager is because she lives at the hotel, and can work whatever hours they need her to. I feel like opening up my availability and telling my Manager I want to be assistant manager, or something. I feel like its unfair, Ive been here longer, then all of a sudden this guests living here is my supervisor and she can barely compose herself in the smallest situations.

Should I say something to the manager/owner? Maybe wait for a couple more instances before saying something? Should I open up my availability and try and work myself up? We are about to be a chain motel so it could have potential, and I could also gain experience as an assistant manager. Even if my pay didnt go up (since the owner is losing money every month right now) I feel like it would be worth it to get the experience.

Cliff notes:
-Lady lives at my hotel for months
-All of a sudden they hire her and she is my Supervisor
-I feel like its bullshit because she isnt a good leader/cant compose herself
-Im wondering if I should say something to manager/owner about me advancing or moving up and opening up my availability and offer to do whateevr it takes to get moved up.

I wouldn't say anything about her being incompetent and obv poor CS skills. Just because even though you want them to SEE how shitty she is, it looks bad to point that out...unless they ask you about her.
But definitely Tell them your goals! Give them all your strengths and potentials. They will see whom is better at the end of the day.
In the meantime....do something to her to render her "unworkable" lol

Or have someone send in an anonomous letter complaining about her. It will at least open their eyes to how she handles things

lol @ thinking you should have been promoted simply because youve been there longer.

typical.

lol @ thinking you should have been promoted simply because youve been there longer.

typical.

Well obviously the bish is stoopid, Young Glad should have been promoted.

If the owner is losing money every month, why is he expanding? Are you sure about this detail, because it doesn't seem to add up.

Top Bottom