Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Set some PRs today !

NBAfan#21

Hey guys. I was on my 7th week of the Bill Starr 5x5 program and i felt like i needed to stop and switch up to a "lighter" routine for a while. So instead of doing the workout i tested my maxes for bench press and deadlift today.

I was supposed to do 285lbs x 5 today for deadlift. Instead i did:
135x6
185x3
225x3
275x1
315x1 ------ PR :evil:
340x1-------PR :biggrin:

First time i ever pulled 3 plates. It felt so light so i decided to add 15lbs and made it too. I think i could of got up to 350 but decided to stop it here.

For bench press my old max was 195x1. 7 weeks later it is now 210x1. I also went from 152lbs to 157lbs. Might not seem like alot but i have really hard time trying to gain weight.

I will switch to a bodybuilding program for the next 5-8 weeks before going back to a strength oriented routine. I will post up the routine im planning to do in this thread. I would appreciate if you could give me advice :)

Thanks guys. My squats are at 265x5 as of now but i haven't stalled on it yet so it might be slightly higher. I never tried a 1 rep max for squats though.

Well 265x5 is alot better than mine, ive never tried x5, my recent squats have been 132lbs 3x12, which im not happy about :( lol, mabye you should try a 1 rep max for squat? i wouldnt mind seeing what you get!

Well 265x5 is alot better than mine, ive never tried x5, my recent squats have been 132lbs 3x12, which im not happy about :( lol, mabye you should try a 1 rep max for squat? i wouldnt mind seeing what you get!

Yeah ill definately try it but i wanna buy myself a belt first just incase just so i dont fuck up my lower back. lol.

Haha i know what your sayin man, well once you do make sure to let me know! And good luck once you do go for it :)

maybe you could try doing more weight for lower reps??

I also second this.. doing some singles on squats for you and getting a 1RM for squatting would be a good way to compare them to your deads and would also probably boost your confidence just knowing you can squat a lot more

good shit man but dont switch to a bodybuilding program!!!!!!!! look at the gains you made on the 5x5 you said yourself you find it hard to gain weight and you've gained so much strength in just 7 weeks! Why stop doing this when its workin so good?

Top Bottom