Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

seems like every woman i've met has either been raped or was abused as a child

notanalter said:
oh, but you would tell everyone about how your ex husband beat you after he came home drunk :rolleyes:
truth is what it is. He was nasty and rotten but not as bad a person as you are.

when i worked in the bar, i knew a lot of the dancers had been messed with and mistreated at some point in their younger lives. one was a roomate of mine for a while. she told me she started having sex when she was 6 years old. and this all came out because i had remarked on her "unselectiveness" when it came to guys. she told me that she'd been having sex for over 20 years, & how are you supposed to stop something you been doing for so long? 200+ was the number she dropped on me...

blueta2 said:
Well one friends was raped by her Dad and he died of Liver Cancer. My other friend Karen was raped by her Step Dad and her Dad (her mom would watch). My should have went to the cops and maybe she would have, but she died in a house fire last April
My third friend was beated by her Dad with knives and shoes. She is Italian and this is what they do and they do not go to the cops.

My Dad hit me once with a hockey stick, but I deserved it....haha ! I was blessed, I was never abused. I am fucked up with baggage about other things ;-)
Thats just fuggin sick. I knew this girl was raped by her stepdad when she was 13 and she treid to tell her mother but her mom didn't believer her.

HumanTarget said:
when i worked in the bar, i knew a lot of the dancers had been messed with and mistreated at some point in their younger lives. one was a roomate of mine for a while. she told me she started having sex when she was 6 years old. and this all came out because i had remarked on her "unselectiveness" when it came to guys. she told me that she'd been having sex for over 20 years, & how are you supposed to stop something you been doing for so long? 200+ was the number she dropped on me...
That is very sad. She is probably destined to live a very sad existence unless someone helps her, if that is at all even possible.

dannomight said:
Thats just fuggin sick. I knew this girl was raped by her stepdad when she was 13 and she treid to tell her mother but her mom didn't believer her.

Yeah Denial is all the rage with enablers.

The first friend I spoke about turned out great. She worked hard on her pain. Lots of therapy and good friends and a strong sister. She is now 40 and one year away from being a Doc. A Cancer researcher actually.
Not all ppl who have been abused need to have a bad life. Life is what you make it. Some ppl have an easier time get over their past that others.

heatherrae said:
speaking to the authorities often does nothing except make numerous people give the victim the third degree and make her relive the experience over and over and defend herself. If it happened to me today, I wouldn't tell a soul.

Lame.

Just lame.

jh1 said:
Lame.

Just lame.
I suppose, maybe to a man who will most likely never have to worry about anything like that ever happening to him.

heatherrae said:
I suppose, maybe to a man who will most likely never have to worry about anything like that ever happening to him.

Here you are fervently speaking out against rape / molestation, yet you practically advocating, justifying and rationalizing not reporting legitimate assaults - because, OMG, you have to tell someone about it?

The fact that I am a man and most likey will never have to worry about that happening to me has nothing to to with it. Most women will never experience this either. As a man I am more likely to be the victim of a very violent crime, and you can bet your ass I would report it. That is part of reporting a crime - telling the story.. sometimes over and over and over and over - and yes, some people may be scepticle of your story. So what? That's part of it.

The people that question the stories of the fakes are the champions of the real victims, who's experiences of horror are dilluted by fakes that cry wolf. These are crimes that have to be prosecuted, the facts have to be discovered, these people have to ask the tough quesitons.

You should be advocating courage, not cowardess... that's just pathetic.

You should also hate the liars as much as the perpertrators.

heatherrae said:
Was a stat that I read a few years back. It was based on self reporting in questionaires. How else would one come up with that stat. Not all molestations are reported to the police or prosecuted. Of course, if you believe all these women are lying, then I guess you are free to believe that.

Frankly, I don't really bother myself too much with your opinions on the topic.

I've always heard 1/8-1/4, but 1/2 is realistic. Sadly like you said most of it is due to trusted friends and family members, making the violation even more mentally damaging.

Top Bottom