Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

running and making legs smaller

ther are so many different factor that go into getting your desired look.

so with that in mind, your training should be up to your own individual goals.

for myself (as far as cardio), i want more mass therefore fast twitch muscles. so it is important for me to develop my strength and speed systems, ie sprints, stands, etc.

but if an individual wants to continue past about two minutes of high intensity workouts, they need to have their aerobic systems developed as well (slow twitch muscles). endurance. (from my experience you will get a leaner look with this approach to cardio)

so it just boils down to what you want and what your goals are.

110% said:
but i dont want to ditch cardio, b/c it is giving me great results with cutting fat, aslo i want to get fit and stay fit, will it have a lot of effects on my leg size or should i not really worry about it, as training makes the greatest effect?

wouldn't worry about it (ditching cardio) b/c is still good for buring fat and working the most important muscle of all...your heart. lifting is developing strength, therefore fast twitch muscle fibers.

sprints, stands, etc. is just a form of cardio that helps develop strength (fast twitch) even further.

ashe said:
ther are so many different factor that go into getting your desired look.

so with that in mind, your training should be up to your own individual goals.

for myself (as far as cardio), i want more mass therefore fast twitch muscles. so it is important for me to develop my strength and speed systems, ie sprints, stands, etc.

but if an individual wants to continue past about two minutes of high intensity workouts, they need to have their aerobic systems developed as well (slow twitch muscles). endurance. (from my experience you will get a leaner look with this approach to cardio)

so it just boils down to what you want and what your goals are.

so i should work on running longer distances?

yeah Rez go for medium paced running, or jogging for longer periods of time. Pace yourself for about 20-30 min and then move up from there.

110%... If your looking for fat benefits, then don't cut out cardio. Althouth it does effect your leg size some, it's not a big noticeable difference. In addition to leg size Sprint training will also give you more endurance and energy in the gym. The harder you push yourself, the better your endurance is going to become.:D

rez said:

so i should work on running longer distances?

yes.

i personally feel like cardio should stay in someone's routine due to its benefit to your heart. as far is cardio is concerned (b/c there are other factors involved in creating your "look" ie diet etc) i would just increase the distance and jog and that should help you attain that goal of the leaner look in your legs. essentially what BeachBombHottie said.

Top Bottom