Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Routine for my girlfriend?

musclehealth

My girlfriend is planning on switching up her routine. She will be doing her first bodybuilding contest in the spring. She was doing...

mon--Cardio(hiit)
Tues- Back/bi
wed- cardio(hiit)
Thurs-chest tri's
Fri-Cardio(hiit)
sat-legs/sholders
sun- off.

She wants to try this new workout below but is unsure if the cardio is still needed???

All workouts are 8-10 reps. (10-max)
Day-1 Chest/TRI
Day-2 Back bi's
Day-3 Legs/sholders
Day-4 Off
Day-5 Chest/TRI
Day-6 Back bi's
Day-7 Legs/sholders
Day-8 Off

I have done a workout like that.. is she planning on superseting everything? if so and her intensity is good then she doesn't have to do cardio but for the comp I would still suggest 3 times a week interval training

What are her goals between now and then?

Add more size? Maintain? Get leaner?

Her goals right now, with this new routine, may dictate whether people say it is a good idea or not.

Her goal is to put on size and gain strength. She will cut down intensly for the show....(cardio, weighttraining, diet). As for now she wants to get strength and size but eliminate too much fat. If her intensity is HIGH will she br ok with no cardio for now?

If her goal is to gain size, then no cardio is good. Her diet still needs to be clean though, to minimize fat gain. Make it mod-high carb, high pro, mod fat. None of that all-out bulking diet people do. All foods need to be clean.

If she starts to add too much fat (and thus might be harder to shed when pre-comp) you could add a couple days of HIIT - sprints are awesome, and great for the legs/butt.

You did not mention supplementation, but I would not be taking anything but Gluc R and protein. Possibly some of the extras such as BCAA or digestive enzymes, but I tend to think LESS is better. No fat burners - save those for the cutting phase.

Daisy_Girl said:
If her goal is to gain size, then no cardio is good. Her diet still needs to be clean though, to minimize fat gain. Make it mod-high carb, high pro, mod fat. None of that all-out bulking diet people do. All foods need to be clean.

If she starts to add too much fat (and thus might be harder to shed when pre-comp) you could add a couple days of HIIT - sprints are awesome, and great for the legs/butt.

You did not mention supplementation, but I would not be taking anything but Gluc R and protein. Possibly some of the extras such as BCAA or digestive enzymes, but I tend to think LESS is better. No fat burners - save those for the cutting phase.
Other supps to consider are creatine, NO2, and the new seasmax from the AF store it is suppose to be good for bulking to as it limits the fat gains or something along that lines Ulter can chime in.

Also what works best for me when trying to put on size is to lift really dam heavy like hitting maxs basically and keep the rep range low 3-8 don't go over 8 even for warm ups 9-12 sets total for each muscle group. Doing the basics is key too squats, DL, and bench. Always start with the big lift then leave the accessory stuff tell the end. Just my 2 cents.

superqt4u2nv said:
Other supps to consider are creatine, NO2, and the new seasmax from the AF store it is suppose to be good for bulking to as it limits the fat gains or something along that lines Ulter can chime in.

Very true.

I cannot speak for any of that stuff, since I never used any of it. Never felt a need for it.

Top Bottom