Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ronnie Colemans bicep workout

playdo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bi Law One

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I start my routine with one arm cable curls. You can do this exercise by finishing a set with one arm at a time (i.e., do a set with the left arm, then complete a set with the right arm) or in alternate right hand to left hand style. Whatever method you use, the main effect of this exercise is to place maximum stress on the peak of each biceps muscle.

At the start of each rep, I let my arm hang fully extended, while still supporting the full pressure of the weight. Then, while keeping the rest of my body motionless, I curl the weight slowly upward. At the midpoint, I hold the weight and 'squeeze' the biceps for a full contraction. Then, I slowly release the weight to the starting position. As stated previously, the descent phase is where cables really come into their own, as they allow you to maintain full stress on the muscles at all times.

i use a weight with which 15 repetitions will be about my limit, but I train to failure, so if during a particular workout I hit 15 and still have something left, I'll continue until a full rep is impossible. I employ the failure principle with all my biceps exercises.

Bi Law Two

My second exercise is bar cable curls. In terms of adding bulk throughout the entire biceps muscle, I find this movement to be superior (for reasons outlined previously) to the standard barbell curl.

The execution is along the same lines as that used with one arm cable curls; I maintain pressure on the biceps throughout the completion of each set and hold the weight in the midpoint position for a peak contraction. However, for the concluding tow sets, but only at every other session, I go past failure and finish the set with two or three forced reps. Just for the sake of variety, I'll substitute rope cable curls for the bar cable version twice a month.

Bi Law Three

I complete my biceps routine with an exercise I call the cable crossover curl, which builds maximum peaks while bulking up the entire biceps muscle. This is a much neglected exercise (it doesn't even have a standard name) but one that seems custom made for a competitive bodybuilder. When you do this movement, you are really hitting a double biceps pose while applying weight resistance. What better biceps movement could there be for a competitive bodybuilder?

I start this exercise by holding cable attachments in each hand. I keep my arms straight, fully extended and parallel with the floor. Then I hit a double biceps pose and, in the fully flexed position, I squeeze the muscles for a maximum burn. Finally, I slowly release the weight to the starting position. Again, the biceps are under pressure throughout the whole set, and as you eke out the reps, you'll find you get a great pump.

A Final Word

Remember, my biceps training routine can be followed by weight trainers of all levels, though for beginners, I would suggest a slight modification to the routine. As you will notice, I advise that a beginner reduce the number of reps and increase the weight on the last two sets of each exercise. This is because a beginner's need for sheer size is more urgent than building hardness and density. The lower rep range and heavier poundages will fulfill that need.

Without letting you ego carry you away, go as heavy as your strength allows for the strict execution of each movement. 'Strict' means no cheating of the exercises by calling secondary muscle groups into play. Your goal is to build the best biceps your genetics will allow, so isolate the biceps and don;t let other muscle groups assist in moving the workload.

The most common biceps training mistake is overtraining. Many bodybuilders train this showcase muscle group too often with too many sets and reps. Working the biceps twice a week with 12 sets per session is enough for anybody. You can't rush progress. As a police officer, I know that undue speed will only mean that sooner or later you will be brought to an abrupt halt.

Current All Purpose Biceps Routine Exercise Sets Reps
One arm cable curls 4 15
Bar cable curls 4 15
Cable crossover curls 4 15

Beginner's Biceps Routine Exercise Sets Reps
One arm cable curls 2 15
2 10
Bar cable curls 2 15
2 10
Cable crossover curls 2 15
2 10

That high rep BS doesn't do a thing for me. Maybe I need to start juicing before I see any benefits from that...

Those exercises all use cable too.
Ronnie couldnt lift a fucking 40lb dumbell

you found that in flex didnt you, those articles arent even really all written by who they say, have you ever looked at the training section in ronnies official site, www.bigroncoleman.com, he says sometimes he only does biceps once a month, that sounds like a bunch of bs.

BS Magazines

Just for future reference, don't follow any of the training routines provided by Weider Magazines. They just release shit just to make money. I recall reading a book by John Mccallum (sp?) and he went to a bodybuilding contest where Reg Park competed. He showed Reg Park this training routine and asked him if it would produce gains. Reg Park said that the routine wouldn't produce any good gains. Then he asked John where he got that workout from and John replied, "It's supposed to be your workout that was submitted in a Weider magazine." So don't believe 90% of the shit that you read in magazines. You actually think Ronnie just got those cannons from juicing and cable curls?

A guy at my gym who is friends with Dennis James(and trained with him for a year in Thailand), and is, from what I can gather acquainted with a number of other pros said that if the pro's name is printed in the little colored boxes where the routine is(in FLEX) the routine is really what the guy uses. Otherwise no. Not sure if he was bullshitting me or not though. Nor do I think using "real" routines from pros is a much better idea than using invented ones. Just thought I'd share.

they never use real routines its such bullshit...just stick to basic compound movements thats what the pros do (at least i think they do) during the offseason for mass...keep reps from 6-10)(6 in the first few excesizes and 10 in the last few)

peace

IMO for the average person all of that shit is not needed. I would be horribly overtrained if I did that much bicep work in a workout week. IMO sticking to the basics is best for people who dont use steroids. I only do one isolation movement for biceps and sometimes one for triceps, everything else is multijoint exercises. It works awesome for me but Im far from a competitive bodybuilder.

Top Bottom