Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rippetoe's SS: OK to switch power clean with rows?

if your gonna do everthing exactly as rippetoe says then why are u asking questions about changing it just do everything from the book, otherwise stop relating everything to him! fuck

you either take advice from people on here or do what the book says just make up your mind and get on with it!

The two aren't mutually exclusive, you know. The advice can be outside the fundamentals of the book. If an advice here goes against what is taught in the book (e.g. don't to ATG because that just means you're relaxing your muscles) then I'll go with the book. If the advice compliments what is taught in the book, then I'll gladly take it.

And just so I'm on the same page as you are, let me say: fuck!

The two aren't mutually exclusive, you know. The advice can be outside the fundamentals of the book. If an advice here goes against what is taught in the book (e.g. don't to ATG because that just means you're relaxing your muscles) then I'll go with the book. If the advice compliments what is taught in the book, then I'll gladly take it.

it just seemed like u were wanting to do differant as to what Rip. said then most things people suggested you said according to him would be a bad idea

squatting atg rocks btw

what are your lifts at right now? If you're training competitively for basketball, HIIT would definitely benefit you man. How is your diet?

Ok this makes no sense. Are you just looking for us to say yes ripp is rgith, you are right, the book is right, follow it like you are following god. Cause it sounds like you are just asking us to reaffirm the book for you or what?

Ok this makes no sense. Are you just looking for us to say yes ripp is rgith, you are right, the book is right, follow it like you are following god. Cause it sounds like you are just asking us to reaffirm the book for you or what?

not really. The original question asked whether I can sub cleans with rows, followed by whether I should do HST, SS, or something else. I only said that Ripp advises against doing heavy cardio (e.g. HIIT 2-3 times a week) for obvious reasons, and that he also advises against ATG squats since no one is flexible enough to do ATG without completely relaxing their quads and hamstrings.

dammit just do the cleans... ive done them on and off for 5 years and just now as my form is getting bettet they are doing miracles... increased bench (from the jerks), and a wicked looking back... rows never did shit for me...
Yeah I plan on doing the cleans.

what are your lifts at right now? If you're training competitively for basketball, HIIT would definitely benefit you man. How is your diet?
Diet is... I guess OK. My BMR is around 1800 kcalories, and on days that I workout I eat 2800-3000kcalories, which is roughly 500 kcalories above my maintenance. On non-workout days I at maintenance. No specific diet. I just make sure I eat a complete meal, e.g. vegetables, a source of protein, and a simple carb like potato or rice or bread. Fruits are in too, of course.

As for lifts, I'm just a newbie, so nothing impressive :) I used to do squats at 235lb x 5/5/5, but now I'm starting again at 135lb x 5/5/5. Bench was around 145lb x 5/5/5 last year. Now, I'm back to 105lb x 5/5/5 (also being cautious due to my injured shoulder). Overhead press... never mind that. I suck at it, most probably because of my shoulder. And deadlift... used to do 265lb x 5. I'm guessing I can do at least 205lb x 5 if my grip allows it, but I might also screw my back :)

Top Bottom