Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

re: A silly question..so no laughing ( ok maybe a little giggle is ok) :)

Elana

re: A silly question..so no laughing ( ok maybe a little giggle is ok) :)

Hey Girls,

OK...so I am in the cooking mood..I wanted to try and make protein pancakes however, I then began to think..can you cook whey protein? Would that ruin the protein?

I get my whey from allthewhey.com ...and I was going to mix oatmeal and a scoop of whey together and either microwave it, mix the oatmeal and whey and cook it on a pan, or try Ms. 24K's yummy protein pancakes...

Thanks girls in advance!

Happy lifting!

~Elana :Chef:

Re: A silly question..so no laughing ( ok maybe a little giggle is ok) :)

That seems to be a matter of argument - I've heard that you can't cook with protein powder as it denatures & I've heard that it wouldn't be a problem - so I don't know...

I have heard the same as Jen - I have heard both things.

But, I have still made pancakes with it. :)

I have a tub of AnyWhey by Optimum Nutrition which says it's formulated you can bake with - so if I'm going to cook with protein powder - I use that stuff.

Elana if you are using allthewhey protein it isn't a problem. You can cook that protein.

Be careful ladies, because you can not cook all proteins.

Miss24k said:
Be careful ladies, because you can not cook all proteins.

Again I've heard Yes & No arguments........

There's a thread running right now on that very thing on another board I belong to!! :lmao:

Ms 24k-

I too use allthewhey proein isolate....why is this particular brand okay to cook with? Any info would be much appreciated.

I was told by an owner of a fitrx that one should use egg white protein to ensure denaturing does not occur.

Thanks!

Top Bottom