Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein Shakes

gymtime

Is it necessary to switch up your protein shakes?

I've finally found a low carb/ low cal shake that I like, but I hear it's good to switch it up because your body adjusts to it like anything else. The guy at my supp shop said it's good to mix up the additives and such.

I like the brand I've been using and this smells like salesman bullshit to me. Is it?

I would never listen to a salesman, no matter what the hell they have to say. They can go fuck themselves IMO..lol Do your own homework and come to your own conclusions, it's your money that's going to be spent!

If you've found a good tasting low carb/cal protein powder and it is of good quality, then stick with it. That little story the saleman was pullin on you sounds like crap. He's trying to steer you towards one of the more expensive products that he gets a good piece of commision from.

My $.02

Btw, what is the name of this protein, we're all out looking for a good one, share the wealth bro.

Normally I'd agree with you, but I trust this guy. He's the one that lead me to the one I use now. I don't think he's lying to me, I think he's just misinformed.

It's an Extreme Labs product called Lean Mass. One scoop is 22gr protein, 2gr carb, 1gr fat and 100 cals. I'll usually take two and a half scoops or so. I like it because it's hard to find a good low-carb shake that isn't loaded down with artificial sweetener. Runs about $30 for a 3.3lb tub. Not sure on the availability. I've never heard anyone else mention it on this board before.

It advertises on the tub that it has L-Glutamine added. But I found out recently that you can't mix L-G with a protein shake, you have to take it separately. But even so, I think it's a good product.

buy some chicken from time to time. how about lean beef?
Tuna?
that is what u can do to get some sexy mix in your life :mix:

that is salesman bullshit. If you want to change up your shakes content up then add different stuff from your kitchen. Throw in some flax oil to slow digestion or natural peanut butter to get some extra fat. Throw in some skim milk in order to get a slower releasing protein. The only thing that i look at when buying a protein powder is the amount of protein/carbs per serving and the price. I don't let little things like L-Glutamine or amino acid content make or break my decision.

Top Bottom