Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein pancakes

If you want your pancakes not so watery - make your oatmeal first in the microwave, once done - add your eggs, vanilla, protein powder, cinnamin and fruit. Hand mix and then make silver dollars (easier to flip). The pancakes are not so watery and tastes great! Thats the only way I make them now.

wow...i also thought they would be horrible when i looked at the ingredients...but they were amazing. Definitely a part of my diet now. Thanks a lot.

doffmaster said:
wow...i also thought they would be horrible when i looked at the ingredients...but they were amazing. Definitely a part of my diet now. Thanks a lot.

No prob bro :)...

Cuts said:

I'm familiar with this problem... the batter is too viscous. Easily correctable by adding a very small amount of skim milk to the blender... this will thin out the batter and allow the pancakes to cook all the way through. take care

I cooked another batch two days ago - ended up adding about two cups of milk to the batch (I think it was a 6x batch!) and making eight pancakes per cup of mix rather than 4, and they turned out great!

Thanks again, this is an awesome recipe!

bishonen said:

I cooked another batch two days ago - ended up adding about two cups of milk to the batch (I think it was a 6x batch!) and making eight pancakes per cup of mix rather than 4, and they turned out great!

Thanks again, this is an awesome recipe!

2 cups of milk huh? The pancakes must have come out paper thing then right? They still tasted o.k.?

Cuts said:

2 cups of milk huh? The pancakes must have come out paper thing then right? They still tasted o.k.?

Taste-wise, they're actually about what I would expect from a regular pancake mix. Maybe even a little better, even though I've only been using a smidgen of brown sugar rather than Sweet 'N Low.

Since they're smaller in diameter, they are a bit thinner, but not too thin. And this time they're cooked all the way through.

It only ended up being 1/3 of a cup of milk per 1 cup of oats/cottage cheese, and the batter was still pretty thick. Seemed to work great!

Hey thanks for the excellent recipe. I enjoy it :)

I dont know what Sweet 'N Low is - I dont think we have that here in Denmark :) they're still good without it though

I've thought about adding grinded flax seeds to the mix. I wonder if the flax will be destroyed on the pan or not ?

Columbo said:
Hey thanks for the excellent recipe. I enjoy it :)

I dont know what Sweet 'N Low is - I dont think we have that here in Denmark :) they're still good without it though

I've thought about adding grinded flax seeds to the mix. I wonder if the flax will be destroyed on the pan or not ?

Why don't you just sprinkle them on top and add some flax seed oil... you can fool yourself into thinking that you're eating banana nut pancakes with syrup at IHOP ;)!

Top Bottom