Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein pancakes

One of the trainers in the gym said as they are cooking - (cooked side up), spread some natural peanut butter on them. As they are cooking the peanut butter will melt, then once done, add a little sugar free jelly -

Also, dps and affordable supplements have the protein pancakes for about $10.00.

These pancakes are the shit! I make them everyday!

I do them like this:

1c nf cottage cheese
1c oats
9 egg whites
1tsp vanilla
few shakes cinamon
6 splenda
1 banana (1/2 the banana blended in, the other half sliced up in the pancakes while they cook....I also substitute blueberrys for the banna sometimes...just sprinkle them on the pancake soon as I pour the batter in)

I make one giant pancake from this in a 12" pan. Pour all the batter in and cover with a lid untill the top lightly sets from the steam, I then flip the giant cake over and let the other side cook without the lid. After its done I sprinkle splenda and cinamon on top and eat it like that...taste great!!! The splenda/cinamon on top taste like powdered sugar!

If you make the oatmeal first - like you normally do in the microwave - and then add the rest of the ingredients, minus the cottage cheese, I add protein powder, blueberries and then put them on the griddle - they have a bit more substance to them. I make them into silver dollars because they are easier to flip.

JG1 said:
These pancakes are the shit! I make them everyday!

I do them like this:

1c nf cottage cheese
1c oats
9 egg whites
1tsp vanilla
few shakes cinamon
6 splenda
1 banana (1/2 the banana blended in, the other half sliced up in the pancakes while they cook....I also substitute blueberrys for the banna sometimes...just sprinkle them on the pancake soon as I pour the batter in)

I make one giant pancake from this in a 12" pan. Pour all the batter in and cover with a lid untill the top lightly sets from the steam, I then flip the giant cake over and let the other side cook without the lid. After its done I sprinkle splenda and cinamon on top and eat it like that...taste great!!! The splenda/cinamon on top taste like powdered sugar!
:p :p :p :p :p

Question about cooking these;

Should they be cooked solid all the way through? I've been making them for 3 days now (just cooked enough for the rest of the week) and each time they stay soggy in the middle. Taste and consistency are fine, just ... mushy.

Also, when I flip them over, the second side doesn't cook quite as evenly as the first. Is that normal?

All in all a yummy recipe. Especially with some maple syrup on top. ;) :p

bishonen said:
Question about cooking these;

Should they be cooked solid all the way through? I've been making them for 3 days now (just cooked enough for the rest of the week) and each time they stay soggy in the middle. Taste and consistency are fine, just ... mushy.

p

I'm familiar with this problem... the batter is too viscous. Easily correctable by adding a very small amount of skim milk to the blender... this will thin out the batter and allow the pancakes to cook all the way through. take care

Doesn't cooking the pancakes denature the whey? I've heard things about whey being denatured from cooking from many different sources, but I still wonder if it is true.

Unbreakable said:
Doesn't cooking the pancakes denature the whey? I've heard things about whey being denatured from cooking from many different sources, but I still wonder if it is true.

Personally, I'd worry more about the endo- and exopeptidases in your stomach and small intestine which chemically rip apart the proteins you ingest, rather than a little heat.

But that's just me. ;)

Or maybe you don't believe in urea? :lmao:

Originally Posted by Cuts
I'm familiar with this problem... the batter is too viscous. Easily correctable by adding a very small amount of skim milk to the blender... this will thin out the batter and allow the pancakes to cook all the way through. take care

Thanks for the reply, I'll try that next time I'm cooking them!

Unbreakable said:

Well, in my original recipe at the top, there is no whey included... the protein comes from the cottage cheese and the egg whites.

Top Bottom