Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Possible to gain mass without HEAVY compound lifts

nice routine broly. Looks just like the one old timers used to get big and strong! Brings out a lot of definition and cuts!

louden_swain said:
Here is my latest routine:

Legs - leg extensions, lying leg curls, cable squats (I look like an ass, but I make it work)
back - stiff arm pull-downs, single arm cable rows
chest - cable crossovers and machine presses
delts - two handed cable pressed (performed in cable crossover station), cable laterals
triceps - cable press-downs (super light)
biceps - cable curls (two handed)
forearms - cable wrist curls

This has put on 50lbs of lean mass. Squats and deads. . who needs um?

revexrevex said:
nice routine broly. Looks just like the one old timers used to get big and strong! Brings out a lot of definition and cuts!

I can't figure out how to train calves. . . its hard performing cable toe raises;) . Try this routine sometime. . .you will gain mounds of mass.

I would say it's possible, but only if the person had really good genetics. A guy I know does mostly machine work and is very big, but he could also eat burgers and be cut, eat once a day and gain muscle, etc. Those are the exceptions to the rule.

For the vast majority, compounds are a must. No way around that!

Lord_Suston said:
I have over the last year gained about 20-25 of lb while sheeding some fat to boot doing the big lifts. My lifts keep going up and not the big three either, I mean all my lifts. my friends keep asking for the secret and I tell them I even trained a few but they quit or don't belive it

I think you are saying the compounds are what is getting ya there, and that all areas are gaining cause of it, correct?

If so I would agree. I actually copied out a bunch of stuff (like 30 pages) from elitefts articles and put it in a locker in the weightroom- when people ask me what I am doing to make progress I tell them to read up and point to the locker... (and just to make sure to put it back for others to read)

I think that stuff is making its way around by word of mouth among that dudes that are trying hard... one by one dudes are seeing the light, and irritating me less and less.... It is cool as hell really, one day they are doing dumba$$ stuff and a couple weeks later I come in and they are doing pin-pulls!

I think the next step will be to put a sign that says no weak excercises in the rack.....

louden_swain said:
Here is my latest routine:

Legs - leg extensions, lying leg curls, cable squats (I look like an ass, but I make it work)
back - stiff arm pull-downs, single arm cable rows
chest - cable crossovers and machine presses
delts - two handed cable pressed (performed in cable crossover station), cable laterals
triceps - cable press-downs (super light)
biceps - cable curls (two handed)
forearms - cable wrist curls

This has put on 50lbs of lean mass. Squats and deads. . who needs um?

LOL:FRlol:
what the heck is a cable squat?

Top Bottom