Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

POLL: better results from training bodyparts once or twice a week

which option applies to you

• i've gotten better results from training bodyparts once a week

Votes: 71 44.1%
  • ive gotten better results from training bodyparts twice a week

Votes: 89 55.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I take 9 to 10 days between bodyparts.
Present routine:
Sun: Off.
Mon: Off.
Tue: Pecs/Cardio - 20 minutes x 4 EW.
Wed: Deadlifts/Abs/Cardio.
Thu: Off.
Fri: Delts/Rotator Cuffs/Cardio.
Sat: Lats/Abs/Cardio.
Sun: Off.
Mon: Off.
Tue: Arms/Cardio.
Wed: Legs/Abs/Cardio.
Repeat.

tropo said:
The poll is oversimplified.

It doesn't make allowance for training a body part every 4, 5 and 6 days.

Personally I've always tried to train a body part every 5 or 6 days and have never used the week as a cycle guide.

In most routines there's some indirect work done on most body parts even on their "off" days. Indirect shoulder and elbow work can quickly overtrain and subsequently cause injury to these vulnerable areas. Anytime you pick up a weight the shoulders are doing quite a lot of work.

It's important to take this into consideration when designing a program.

I agree, I'm about every five days.

it really depends on your goals. if you want strength, bigger muscles def twice a week (one day heavy lift/ the other a little lighter for muscle groups) but beach bod, def once a week...can get nice tonage this way.

wtf? That's an old fuckin thread.

Once a week per bodypart is so outdated and a dinosaur of monster of the 90os bodybuilders era

it should be dead as an idea

I don't really try to do all body parts within any given timeframe; I just have a cycle that I run through then repeat. (i.e., Chest and Triceps on day 1, Back and Biceps the next, etc.) It comes out to training each body part once per week, which is okay for me. The few times I tried to train bodyparts more frequently, I found that it just wasn't enough recovery time and I would up overtraining, developing tendonitis and so on. But everyone is different. Find what works best with you (and, yes, that can be a time- and effort-consuming challenge but, ultimately, it's worth it).

Im on an 4 day routine with a day off when I need it or not .
Day one:chest,bi
Day two:legs,abbs
Day three:back,tri
Day four:shoulders,abbs
I will jump right back into day one or rest depending how I feel or ill take a rest day inbetween days. So its like each muscle gets hit every four to five days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom