Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

POLL: better results from training bodyparts once or twice a week

which option applies to you

• i've gotten better results from training bodyparts once a week

Votes: 71 44.1%
  • ive gotten better results from training bodyparts twice a week

Votes: 89 55.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not listen to your body and just do them when they're ready? If they're sore, leave them be, But if for example on wednesday theyre not sore, thenwork them thursday. The deay that they become totally unsore, then just leave them be for that day, but work them the next.

it's funny...

Kinda funny but from the research I've done it actually takes about 7 days for a muscle to totally heal (on the cellular level)
Watch a cut one time, it usually scabs over in a day or so, then the scab flakes off...anyways, about 7 days later it's just a wee scar (within reason, a missing limb wouldn't be a "wee scar" but were talking a little cut here) Kind of a bad example, but thats sort of how it works, the micro damage takes i think it was 72 hours to heal, then another 72 hours or so to rebuild itself stronger. Mind you, this is after a REALLY intense workout, like 45 minutes of pecs, or arms, or back, you get the picture. But when it comes down to it do what these guys are saying...listen to your body, and adjust your workout to what feels good for you. And also mix around your reps/weight a bit, going with slightly lighter weights that you fail on around 10-12 reps promotes hypertrophy (thickening of muscle cells, and cell walls) where as working with much heavier weights that cause you to fail at 2-4 reps promotes hyperplasia ( the recruitment of new stem cells to grow new mucsle fibers)
Theres also fiber splitting and who knows what else!both forms will do a bit of both (hyperplasia and hpyertrophy), but encourgae one more than the other depending on which rep pattern you use. So basically what I'm saying is that with slightly higher reps to failure your muscles will bulge more (bodybuilding style), but with lower rep ranges you'll get more power than bulge. Of course if your starting out either method will help you grow big, and it also depends on what your goals are.

Phew! Little bit off topic, sorry guys, hop some of this was helpful!

I used to do body parts twice a week, now I just kick the shit out of them once a week! It's been working better for me...

I used to do body parts twice a week, now I just kick the shit out of them once a week! It's been working better for me...

back once a week shoulders once a week legs once a week biceps/triceps/chest 2-3 times a week

Whizkid, I know you're 15 years old or whatever and all you care about right now is your guns, but I still suggest you do less arm blasting and more overhead pressing, chins, etc. At least hear me out. if working arms separately 2-3 times a week is working for you that's great. But when your progress stagnates and you want to get your arms to grow some more, try cutting back on direct arm work and focusing more on the compound movements.

JustinM said:
for you guys who do bp's 2 times per week could you post your routine?? thanks

peace

Yeah...I can't imagine what a routine would look like training 2 times a week each muscle group. I saw one but it involved doing back and legs in the same day, that's insane.

Garza said:
Yeah...I can't imagine what a routine would look like training 2 times a week each muscle group. I saw one but it involved doing back and legs in the same day, that's insane.

Day 1: Chest/Tri
Day 2: Back/Bi/Delts
Day 3: Legs

Abs everyday, try to do cardio everyday but more on legs day. Five day/week workout. That said, i work two body parts twice a week and one body part only once a week by virtue of 5 day workout. The following week i start where i left off. I'm not a bb but i do work out hard for nearly 2 hours daily, take that with a grain of salt i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom