Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Piss and Vinegar

Bench press is nest, probably Saturday. Starting a 10x3, at 250 lbs (just trying it for a few weeks to switch things up). My training partner should be home for about two weeks from his tour in Afghanistan in a few weeks, so that'll be a good time to hit some heavy singles.

Just don't go up in weight too fast on the 10x3. Even 5 lbs. a week is asking a lot from your body.

Yep, 5 lbs a week is the plan. Hoping to hit at least 300 for a single at the end of the month so I need to hit some heavier weights.

Benching went to shit yesterday. Was just all out tired, only 6 hours of sleep, long day at work, a decrease in calories all week and killing deads earlier really left me screwed for benching. I was able to do 6 sets of 3 with 250, but felt much heavier than usual. On the setup of my 7th set my srist curled back and I couldnt even unrack. Didn't have the focus to get tight. So I walked out. Like Dave Tate said, if you can't give it everything just go home.

Today-Skwats.

Still using the parallel box as a depth gauge. Also helps in that I lift alone, and if I get stapled I can just sit down and arch the seight off my back. Squats felt unusually heavy today but managed to hit a PR anyway.

Back Squats
45x10
135x10
225x5
315x5
405x3
405x5
430x3 PR

Barbell Hack Squats (asceding load)
2x10
2x5

I think the final set was five 25's per side.

wow nice squats! I tried the 10x3 bench with 240 only got 7 full sets and I've been really sore in my chest and upper body since then haha

Yeah I'll probably bump down to 240 next week unless I'm feeling really good in which case theres no reason I can't do 250x3 for ten sets...

Both of you! Start low!

Seriously, 10x3 with 80% of your max is a lot of volume and a lot of weight. It has made me more sore than any other benching program I have done before.

If you are struggling your very first week at these weights than take it down a few plates.

When I started my max must have been around 315 and I used 250. It was tough but I did not have any super slow reps. Weaver, try 240 and T-Cock maybe 230?

Nice Squats BTW, 430 is a weight I have never touched on squats.

Switching my squat day with my squat day so I can do shrugs without screwing up my pulls...so something like the following:

Day1
OHP: 4x4-6
Some form of Shrug: 3x8-12
Face Pulls: 3x10-15
Lateral Rs: 2x10-12 or Upright Row: 2x12-15

Day 2
Back Squats: some form of heavy lifting leading to a 1, 3 or 5 rep PR whenever possible
Good Mornings: 3x8-10
Hack Squats or Leg Press: 3x8-12

Day 3
Bench Press: 10x3
Tate Press: 3x8-12
Cable Pulldowns: 3x8-12 (palms up)

Day 4
Deadlift: warmup sets followed by 3-4 heavy singles until failure
GHR or Leg Curl: 3x8-12
DB Rows: 3x8-12 or Barbell Rows: 3x8-12
Barbell Curl: 3x8-12

Anything anyone would change?