Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Piss and Vinegar

Still undecided on the programming...but still hitting PR's so I'm ok for now.

Back Squat (parallel box as a depth gauge)
45x10
135x5
225x5
315x5
365x5 PR
405x3 PR

Rest periods were shortened...<2 mins even on heavy sets. Didn't hit any sticking points, stance was slightly narrower than usual and I felt tighter. 405x3 felt awesome, I had planned on a double. Looked up in the mirror on the last rep and saw the bar bending. Good feeling.

Front Squats
225x5

Damn near choked myself out, I need to stretch and get my clean grip down.

Good Mornings
45x10
95x10
145x10
195x10

Tonight

Flat Bench (Pinkies on Rings)
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x2
275x3

Speed Bench (1st 4 sets middle finger on rings, 2nd 4 sets index fingers on rings)
155x3x8

Close Grip Bench
185+70 lbs chainsx5
185+120lbs chainsx3
185x10

Pulldowns
Rackx13
Rackx7

Elbow Flare-outs
30x10
35x9
40x5

Was just skimming through your log...

Out of curiosity, to what do you attribute the sizable disparity between your deadlift and squat? And between your bench and overhead press?

Am I reading right that in roughly the last month you increased your bench from ~235x5 to about 275x3, nearly 40 pounds? Pretty insane. What do you attribute that to? Muscle memory? I think you mentioned that in the past you've hit 315x1.

Also if I'm reading correctly, 365x5 to parallel is an all time squat PR for you? And then you went on to hit 405x3 in the same workout? Comparing that to July 19th you only got 355x3? Again, pretty insane progress in such a short time, roughly 50 pounds in 3 weeks. Any thoughts?

Probably muscle memory, I slacked for a few months but it came back quickly.

As for the squat I attriibute that to muscle memory as well. I was squatting 405 for a single last year. This time around I'm more consistent and with tighter form. 365x5 was a 5 rep PR yes.

I know my deads are lagging yet but I've gone from 365 to 425 in the last two months. Not too bad if you ask me. I've just been working on squats harder and longer until recently. As for OHP, I just need more shoulder work overall.

Its much easier to get there if you have been there before.

I've had my fair share of muscle memory gains, and than stalling at the exact same spot I stalled at months before.

Today was deadlift day, keeping the volume low as lots of Back Squatting and good Mornings should carry over to my DL.

Conventional Deads
135x5
225x5
435x0 (FAIL)
435x1 PR

Failed my first attempt at 435, was hald asleep and didn't pull fast enough. Took two mins and killed it. Looks like I'm gonna have to start increasing by 5's instead of 10 lbs a week because that was pretty tough for me.

DB Rows
75x10
80x10
85x10 (rest pause on left only, 6-->8-->8)

Face Pulls
3x10

Hack Squats
3x10

EM-those are just muscle memory gains and I'm getting to a point where I'm starting to surpass my prior level of training, therefore things are gonna get much harder. OHP and bench are already tough for me to progress, my deads are going to stall in 1-2 weeks with my single rep sets so I'm gonna need to change some things soon. Only thing I foresee improving steadily is my back squat since my triple with 405 was not only an all-time PR for me but was surprisingly easy.

Taking off a week from work and lifting to spend with the girl. I usually hit some PR's after a solid week off so I'm looking forward to killing some squats or deads this Sunday.

Will keep up with pullups, chinups and pushups but nothing super intense.

Top Bottom