Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

PEANUT BUTTER while trying to LOSE FAT

MonStar1023

I wanted everyone's opinon on peanut butter... from what I understand peanut butter is a good source of unsaturated fat. I usually take in about 2-4 tbsp. a day and I am trying to lose a little bit of fat. Is peanut butter a good source of fat and a little bit of protein or is it too many calories or what?"

Sure, ALL NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER is a great source of fat. When I cut, I still eat about 1/2 a jar of the ALL NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER a day. (about 10-12 tbsp.)...Seems like a lot, but it can do wonders for your diet.
Nutrition: (Typical ALL NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER)
2tbsp.
200cal
16g fat
2gsat fat
6g cabs
3g sugar
8g protein

So, by adding about 10 tbsp. a day, you get about 1000 cal, 80g fat, 40 g protein, 30 g carbs. Just remember: in order to lose fat, you need to eat fat, so your body knows it gets enough fat.

Mr.X :cool:

Thats crazy dude that you eat half a jar a day of peanut butter LOL I am glad now I thought that I was gonna be getting fat from peanut butter somehow. I guess all the calories for such a little bit of food who knows. Well thanks for the reply I am hoping to get some more opinions.

How low do you keep your carbs when your tryin to lose fat?

If I use a protein/carb/fat diet that is balanced (not keto)
,then I get 1000 cal (30carbs,80g fat,40g protein) from ALL NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER, and I get 50 carbs from oatmeal in the morning, then I have 20 carbs with my protein after my workout.

Total, I have 100 carbs a day, with about 100 g fat a day. With this combo, I usually combine about 400-600 g protein a day.
This combo amounts to about 2900-3300 cal per day, seems like a lot but look at it this way: 45min cardio in morning AM empty stomach, everyday workout and 30 min cardio post workout w/ a bunch of E/C and adipo. is the way to go for fat-loss. I used to do this pre-contest, but now that I'm older I just stay on CKD (although I try all the new fad diets). I usually like to stay on CKD.

Mr.X :cool:

Are your serious dude? Thats a CRAZY ass diet holy shit LOL 400-600g protein, 100g carbs, 100g fat? Goddamn dude you must be a monster to be eating like that... I have taken it 400g of protein before but never much more than that I dont think. I got strong as hell taking in that much protein. I am not taking in a lot of protein now AT ALL shit probably 1g per pound LBM. and maybe 100-150g of carbs at the most. Two postworkout carb shakes (around 35-50g each) and then maybe a little bit of carbs in between my workouts.

I got another question dude where do you get all of your protein from? I couldnt take in 400g if my life depended on it! Haha I am trying to keep my protein real high and I am thinking about starting to drink like a TON of skim milk which I heard is great for staying anabolic. Grilled chicken breasts are good too.

CKD huh? Thats crazy dude I have experimented with a CKD, TKD, and the Metabolift Diet, Body Opus, the Anabolic Diet, etc. I had a lot of trouble sticking to the no-carb diets. I am better off with a balanced diet like the one I am on now. I used to binge like for 4-5 days at a time on ketogenic diet. How have ketogenic diets been working for you? Do they help you out workout wise? Are your carb-ups like junkfood binge sessions or more controlled like a carb-load type.

Did you say you took ECA with Adipokinetix? Thats crazy too I take both on alternate days but I have never heard of stacking them together. I heard that Lipokinetix is real good? Have you heard anything about that at all or no? Or MD6? Or BetaLean? All newer type fat-burners with a lot of hype.

For a couple of weeks, my fat loss seemed to be stuck. Then I read more about "good fats" and started to eat 2 tbs of peanut butter a day, or olive oil. And I started to see my fat loss again! Plus, I love peanut butter, it tastes so good, almost feels like I'm cheating, but I know its good for me.

Before you go out a buy Jif by the gallon

This eating peanut butter thing is all well and good but from what I understand it is in REPLACEMENT of all other fat no??? If I am wrong please correct me, but from my understanding, sans peanut butter there is no other source of fat in your diet...

Thanks,
Snooker

OK, this may be a stupid question, but I love peanut butter too and I want to know how to measure it. Do you take a spoonful and level it off and thats 1 spoonful or what? How do you guys know how much you're eating?
Thanks

Yeah, the measurements are whack. For the label, a tablespoon is a LEVEL tablespoon. I don't know about you guys, but 4 of MY tablespoons usually empties the jar. :D

Top Bottom