Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

One of the ballsiest gaming journalism articles written lately

just got done playing through all the crysis games, finally have a rig that can play them all on the top settings. I was impressed. I always put my games immediately on the hardest setting and when you did that, the Crysis games became pretty decent tactical shooters. That's what I like more than the Halo style games now where you have way too much shields. So started Deus ex the other night and while it's much more story intensive then Crysis the shooter mechanics aren't anywhere nearly as good as Crysis. I don't like that. Being able to lean, go prone, then also run and jump balls hanging out when needed is also good. I wish someone would put it all together....an intense great story with lean and cover mechanics all rolled up into one. Too many games now are focused on offering way too many generic weapons.

First 3/4 of Crysis is still some of the best fps gameplay ever created. So many different things you can do. Crysis 2 was little more than another CoD clone with a nanosuit.

I really enjoyed Deus Ex, but the shooting mechanics were not good. I went total stealth in that game mainly because of that one aspect.

Did you play the first Crysis with any graphics mods installed? I replayed it earlier this year with Realmod (I think that was it), and I still think it makes that game look better than any current game.

Also, if you liked the Crysis games, you may want to check out Far Cry 3. I've been playing it since yesterday, and I'm very impressed so far. Far Cry 1 and 2 I thought were pretty meh, but 3 is good. It doesn't have lean, but it implements an auto lean system of sorts, when you're at the edge of cover, aiming your weapon will make you poke out to the side, or up and above cover.

On the hardest difficulty, it makes you play very tactical as well, and the gun mechanics are very solid.
Glad to hear Farcry 3 is good

1 was great
2 was one of the worst games ever made

actually you have to go thru SQT before even earning a trident.... BUD/S only gets you to SQT... it used to be that the teams gave u the trident but now u can get it after SQT but many of the teams will take it away from you and make you earn it

I knew a guy who was a full blown Seal, he was on team 6 years ago then went on to be a Buds instructor. He was the best friend of one of my good friends so I got to hang with him and his team in Norfolk when i went up to see my friend who played indoor football league. Awesome guys. This was over 10 years ago so I could not be remembering this correctly but I could swear you had to make it in before you went to Buds. I think he was an instructor in Nevada. Haven't seen the guy in a long time so I couldn't verify this by txting him. Last I heard he was completley out of the Navy doing some kind of corporate bullshit.

First 3/4 of Crysis is still some of the best fps gameplay ever created. So many different things you can do. Crysis 2 was little more than another CoD clone with a nanosuit.

Yeah I think I liked the mechanics of 1 better, but I definitely liked shooting at the Ceph in 2 more. The floating part of crysis 1 annoyed the shit out of me holy fuck. Weapons were also much better in 2. I couldn't beleive there wasn't a saw or m249 in the first one. And the ending to 2 was weird. But the ending to 1 was worse cause I ahd to deal with that infamour bug with win 7 that dropped ur framerate to 2fps. My i3 and 6870 was pwnign that game the whole time right until the carrier battle.

Glad to hear Farcry 3 is good

1 was great
2 was one of the worst games ever made

I had issues with 2, and that was mostly the whole being shot everytime you stepped out of your car to take a piss. There were some serious time compression flaws going on, other than that though....that game was pretty magnificent all things considered. I wish they'd let you put it in ultra hard mode and still keep your aiming reticle, I hate when games turn that off.....but otherwise it was decently challenging. Ending was gay, so was the constant malaria pill taking.

I had issues with 2, and that was mostly the whole being shot everytime you stepped out of your car to take a piss. There were some serious time compression flaws going on, other than that though....that game was pretty magnificent all things considered. I wish they'd let you put it in ultra hard mode and still keep your aiming reticle, I hate when games turn that off.....but otherwise it was decently challenging. Ending was gay, so was the constant malaria pill taking.
2 could have been great, but it was just horrible. I bought it.. played it hated it. Then played it more, hated it. I gave that game more of a fair shake than any because I WANTED it to be good. It was just bad. For what it was.. you can name high double figures of other games better than it.

2 could have been great, but it was just horrible. I bought it.. played it hated it. Then played it more, hated it. I gave that game more of a fair shake than any because I WANTED it to be good. It was just bad. For what it was.. you can name high double figures of other games better than it.

what didn't you like about it specifically? I felt it was the like the first attempt at a truly open and unique FPS world. Yeah it had flaws but they paled in comparison to the attributes. When I first started I was kind of meh about the weapon selection but then I realized it's part of the game. You're not an elite special forces commando, you're a mercenary in Africa....3rd world gun running is ur supplier base. Still, if you had the SAW or PKM and the sniper rifle you were good to go on most missions. It needed refinement for absolute sure, but it was awesome for what it was I thought. If it had incorporated tactical shooter mechanics like lean/cover and prone it would have been truly epic.

Who's played Farcry 3 now? hows the shooter mechanics?

Top Bottom