Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ok i've started working out but.......

6(SIC)6

I need to know some more things, mainly how often to work certain bodyparts. In the Arnold book it says each body part three times a week, that seems like a helluva lot especially when people here have said to only work out bodyparts once or twice a week.

So my question is, being a beginner, how often should i work each bodypart? I'm going for the best results for my efforts here. So say if i do BB Curls 3 times a week, should i cut down to twice or once a week? And how many days rest should i take in a week?

Thanks.

P.S- Now that i've finally started training, i think it's great! I love it when i finish and my arms are twice as big and all hard and pumped up!

Arnold's training oh boy

You can train like Arnold if your on a steroid cycle. Mentzer would advocate something more like one body part a week. I've been training now for 4.5 months. I began training like Mon:Legs, Tues:arms, Wed:rest, Thurs:chest, Fri:Rest, Sat:Back.

Basically find out what works for u everybody's different but dont go too intense to soon.

he's right bigtime!!you gotta take the time to learn your body.you'll get a shitload of different replies,and you take it for what it's worth.i would train major muscles once a week and maybe hit calves and side delts twice.you are a beginner so you'll most likely see gains quick anyway,just for the fact that you have started training.but keep in mind you have to support your lifting with a good diet.you have come to an waesome board for info on EVERYTHING...enjoy!

1explodinganigif.gif
talk is cheap

Yeah i changed my diet to support my training a while back. I'm now used to eating the required amount of food.

One of the things that pisses me off is so far is that i've been sore 24/7, doesn't it ever go away??

Well as long as i grow a bit it doesn't matter i'm more than willing to put up and shut up.

that's cause it's new to ya'.you won't always be sore like that.i've been lifting for 11 yrs and i still get sore when i change my program around.....

right , i wish i new about this site when i first started lifting.
When u first start lifting, you probablt want to get bigger(yes??) so here is a routine that will give you good results if you are natural(no roids or other drugs) and eat a good diet(check diet board for this)
work each body part once a week and rest a day between sessions.

monday: chest, triceps

wednesday:legs and shoulders

friday: back and BICEPS

right, as for exercises....stick to the basics, bench press and dips for chest, squats and leg presses for the legs, deadlifts and chins or barbell rows for back, military press for shoulders, barbell curls for bis(they will get overtrained and WONT grow if you blast the hell outtta them 3 times a week!!) close-grip bench press for triceps

THATS ALL YOU NEED, 4 SEST ON EACH EXERCISE, 8-10 REPS, USE GOOD FORM, TRY TO ADD WEIGHT TO THESE LIFTS EVERY TWO WEEKS(KEEP FORM STRICT!)

GOOD LUCK!

Ok, i understand that Sic is a bigginner and he needs to take it easy, BUT..i am a bigginner also, maybe not to the degree that Sic is but i'm only 18. i also have the arnold book and use taht as my guide for lifting. Yes, he does say a body part 2 times a week but what he recomends for each work out is not has much as you think, usually 2 to 3 excerises for each body part.

Anyway, i guess my point is that i am not on roids and by all rights am a begginner and i don't get over trained. I gained 10 pounds in the last two months so it seems to work for me.

If you split your routine up properly, you will end up working your muscles more than once a week anyways. For example: If I do chest on Mon., I recruit my triceps in all the chest lifts; it's inevitable. Then, tri's and bi's on wed.; you recruit your chest when doing many tri lifts. Same with back and bi's.

Split your routine up to concentrate on one muscle per day because you'll find that you recruit that muscle throughout the week.

Over training is the fastest way to hault growth.

Top Bottom