Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Nutritional calculator software

SteelWeaver

Right. Time to get serious. Well. More serious.

Does anyone out there know of good nutritional calculation software? If I'm going to have to play with grams and calories and fiber and nutrients and minerals, and still get FOOD out of it, I'm not doing it in my head - no space - too many other things going on in there. (Well, enough to keep me busy anyway :rolleyes: )

Oh no - I'm a woman of the future - technology my trusty tool.

I need something for private use right now, but with an eye on future professional use.

Any suggestions? Recommendations? Would love to hear from you!

You're a good woman tripleV. I'm gonna print those for when I'm on the run.

I was thinking even more lazy, though - a database where you plug in what you want to eat, it gives you a list of all the variations of that food, you choose one, choose an amount, then click "analyse", and it gives you the full breakdown of everything in it. And when you plug in the entire day's munchies, it'll even work out the percentages of protein:CHO:fat.

There is an online one I use, but the Japanese telecommunications oligarchy has the country by the balls - very expensive to be online for hours. And I'd like to be able to save my nutritional profiles for different phases.

These are 2 I checked out. I was just wondering if anyone had any specific recommendations. I wonder what W6, spatterson and MS use? ;)

http://www.themealcalculator.com/

http://www.health-runr.com/bodybuilders.htm

Well as usual I'm gonna be a bit vague. I like www.cyberdiet.com, but if you're on the run AND living in Japan, you might be better off with a Palm Pilot and nutritional software. I haven't tried this for myself, but in theory it looks good as long as you have some idea of the local nutritional value of your tofu/sushi/japanese veggies or other exotic (non-American) foods. As an example, you might have to initially enter all of the nutritional data for generic sushimi, or sushi, or your best guestimate. Compound foods are pretty hard unless the label tell you the exact breakdown....Such as how many carbs/proteins/fats/fiber/sodium/salt/calories are in your food.

Top Bottom