Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NPC Nationals in Atlanta

Island_Girl

IFBB Pro Physique
Platinum
I'm back home. I had a blast! There were over 500 competitors total in this show. Amazing show and it ran very well and in a timely fashion.

Thanks to Nathan at N2BM for his sponsorship for me and for supporting and believing in me! Thanks Nate! Also want to thank TP and LSR for the awesome tan.

I competed in Figure in this show. The last 2 years, 2008 and 2009, I competed in bodybuilding at the USAs in Vegas. I just felt I wasn't big enough to compete against other lightweights as stage weight for me is about 105-108lbs. This weight class goes up to 115, so I am competing against girls that are 7+lbs. more than me and on top of that, they are shorter than me.

So this year I thought I go back to figure and see how well I do. I competed in July at my state show and won the B class. My prep was very different competing in figure. I knew I had to down play my posing and I was able to eat things like bagels w/ cream cheese, cereal w/ ff milk, fun stuff like that. When I follow a strict cardio and food plan, and use my N2BM supplements catered for my body, my body responds very well. Getting hard and conditioned is not too much of a problem for me. And since figure is staying away from being too hard, conditioned, the dry look, I had to make sure to come in softer. Even though it is not what I like to bring to stage, it is what it is.

The judges still thought I was too hard and muscular. Wow, what was I suppose to do? Not diet at all? LOL Well, kind of bummed, but I guess bodybuilding is where I belong.

And some good news! They had their annual judges meeting that they talk about changes in the NPC/IFBB for 2011 and they are creating a new division called "Physique". It is for woman who are too muscular for figure and not quite big enough for bodybuilding. I couldn't believe my ears! This is perfect for me! I'm excited as news about this will be coming out more. Looking forward to it.

I did make new friends which is always a bonus. Saw some old friends and caught up on stuff. Fun weekend overall!!!

Here are some stage pics.

Thanks for all your support ladies.

dang, I always click new posts and don't read where they are before I post, a bad habit lol I am leavin now, lookin good in those pics btw :D

That sounds like a fun weekend!
That physique category sounds interesting, it must be kinda frustrating to be in "too good shape" for figure. I don't know anything about competitions or anything, but it sounds like the different categories have pretty different standards, so that Physique category might help fill in that void between figure and bb.
Your stage pics are really impressive, I can't see them large as I'm not plat, but is there a link to photos on the show website or something?
Thanks for the update Island Girl :)

You looked amazing great work should be very proud of the package you brought..

I started another thread those changes please feel free to chime in I am super excited about them.

Looking great in those photos gal,i wasn't able to attend ,theres been a flu bug going on around here!

Congratulations! You looked amazing! That is very exciting about the new category. I hope they will follow the lead here in Canada.

How did your guy, Luis (I think), do??

Last edited:
I was really stoked about going but I have a serious one track mind these days. Pissed with myself for forgetting.

I hate that you got the judges shell game played on you. Judging standards are like one step away from being as shady as a sidewalk 3 card monty scam. You looked hard as granite to me. That's a hell of a lot of work there. Major congrats. :garza:

That sounds like a fun weekend!
That physique category sounds interesting, it must be kinda frustrating to be in "too good shape" for figure. I don't know anything about competitions or anything, but it sounds like the different categories have pretty different standards, so that Physique category might help fill in that void between figure and bb.
Your stage pics are really impressive, I can't see them large as I'm not plat, but is there a link to photos on the show website or something?
Thanks for the update Island Girl :)

Trex....yeah it does get frustrating. One of the judges told me that I have a Pro figure physique, but in the amateur level, I may be too much for what is up on stage. Go figure that one out eh? How am I suppose to get on a Pro stage if I don't get rewarded on the amateur stage.

So yes, I am thrilled about this new division in the NPC. I think I will fit right in. I won't need to stop lifting weights and I can prep like a normal person. haha

Yeah, the have a few pics on rxmuscle.com Tracy Bodner

Thank you for your support!

Top Bottom