Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

No More Squats!

I don't have any experience with High School athletes (maybe it doesn't matter anyway) but I've worked with quite a few at the NCAA level and every single one would run quite a few 200 and 400m "sprints" no matter what their individual race was. "Long distance" probably wasn't the best term to use...but for someone who runs the 100m, 400m IS long distance :)

Another part of that is that when you can only take so many athletes to a meet or if someone gets hurt...sprinters CAN be substituted fairly well.

The point is simply that the time under stress and mimmicking the exact movement as you would do in your given sport is NOT the most important thing when it comes to training athletes. You have to train athleticism differently from strength. And most athletes were born with their athleticism.

oh ok i see what you mean. When you said long distance, i immediately though of running 1/2 miles or longer. In that case, i agree with you- i ran the 55 and 200 and we ran sets of 400s and then took breaks, so yes that would actually be considered long distance as hard as it is for me to believe.

This is the weight training and weight lifting forum.

This guy's anti-weight ideas are not going to be welcome here!

hell yeah looks like leg extensions are back on the menu and goodbye to old fashioned heavy ass full squats woooo im gonna be swole now yay!!!!!!!

i never really understood why all you guys are doing all these heavy lifts. all ive ever done is drink my soy milk, eat lots of tofu, and do richard simmons aerobics and im fine. by the way bblazer your quads are going to explode with that new thigh master routine. make sure you wear a belt and keep your form good.

i never really understood why all you guys are doing all these heavy lifts. all ive ever done is drink my soy milk, eat lots of tofu, and do richard simmons aerobics and im fine. by the way bblazer your quads are going to explode with that new thigh master routine. make sure you wear a belt and keep your form good.

I'm going to wrap my knee with 3 meter Metal Black wraps and use my 2 ply canvas suit too.

B-

The guy in the video is a F*cking idiot. How he thinks he can be an authority on anything with an opinion as ignorant as that baffles me. If the masses were as educated as we were there would be a restraining order on tools like that so they couldn't get within 100 yards of any athlete of any sport just in case stupidity was contagious.

Top Bottom