Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

No More Squats!

is this guy an idiot or what? it's like trying to explain why apples are bad for you through showing why tomatoes are good for you...

Yeah but high squat numbers by bodyweight ratio have been shown to increase vertical jump performance stability, etc etc. When I saw the title of this thread I was like holy shit are you serious bblazer is like the last person I thought would stop squatting lol.

I know a lot of NCAA and NBA athletes that shouldn't squat...because they simply will NOT squat properly. Nolan Richardson at Arkansas would not allow his athletes to squat. He believed that they would build strength but also knew that his players were not responsible enough to do them responsibly.

And by his same reasoning...a sprinter would only train for roughly the exact time it takes him to run his sprint. Anyone ever seen sprinters train? They do a lot of distance running as well!

I know a lot of NCAA and NBA athletes that shouldn't squat...because they simply will NOT squat properly. Nolan Richardson at Arkansas would not allow his athletes to squat. He believed that they would build strength but also knew that his players were not responsible enough to do them responsibly.

And by his same reasoning...a sprinter would only train for roughly the exact time it takes him to run his sprint. Anyone ever seen sprinters train? They do a lot of distance running as well!

It's obvious you know more than i do and i don't want to come off as demeaning, but i sprinted freshman year at high school (one of the best teams in NJ, and we had the best sprinter in the country at my high school) and we didn't do any distance... just a lot of HIIT

It's obvious you know more than i do and i don't want to come off as demeaning, but i sprinted freshman year at high school (one of the best teams in NJ, and we had the best sprinter in the country at my high school) and we didn't do any distance... just a lot of HIIT

I don't have any experience with High School athletes (maybe it doesn't matter anyway) but I've worked with quite a few at the NCAA level and every single one would run quite a few 200 and 400m "sprints" no matter what their individual race was. "Long distance" probably wasn't the best term to use...but for someone who runs the 100m, 400m IS long distance :)

Another part of that is that when you can only take so many athletes to a meet or if someone gets hurt...sprinters CAN be substituted fairly well.

The point is simply that the time under stress and mimmicking the exact movement as you would do in your given sport is NOT the most important thing when it comes to training athletes. You have to train athleticism differently from strength. And most athletes were born with their athleticism.

Top Bottom