Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Night peeps. I leave you with what may be the best rap song of all time

PuddleMonkey said:
Its about Bush Sr, not Jr. And rapping about rough street life was never done before Mobb Deep huh?

Without looking into it I'm pretty sure Paris pre-dates your Mobb Deep anyway, at least he had something to say besides "ooOhhhhh I'm froM da stReetz, I gHeTto thug, I put capz in yO aSS!".
For the record, MOBB is one of maybe 2 groups I like who do the boring gangsta rap shit. But they are so fucking good I don't care what they are rappin about.

Look up "Makeshift Patriot" by Sage Francis. That's a fucking hip hop song about politics done WELL.

"Mobb Deep are a hip hop duo made up of rappers Havoc and Prodigy. Originally dubbing themselves the Poetical Profits, they later changed their name to Mobb Deep in order to "reflect their reputation on the streets." While both members of the duo were only 17, they released their debut Juvenile Hell, which was lead by the single, "Peer Pressure". The album sold very poorly and was met with harsh reviews that wrote the duo off as just another hardcore group with little to distinguish them from the rest of the rap world."

"Still at a young age, the duo powered themselves to the top of the hardcore rap scene through their straightforward narration of street life. As with their first lyrical production, Mobb Deep portrayed the struggles of living in New York City's Queensbridge Houses. Their third album, Hell on Earth was released in 1996, debuting at number six on the Billboard album chart. The album continued their portrayal of a harsh street life."

"Oscar Jackson, Jr. (born October 29, 1967), better known as Paris, is an American hip hop artist from San Francisco, California known for his militantly confrontational rapping. He was catapulted onto the national scene in 1990 with his hit single "The Devil Made Me Do It" and album of the same name, after earning a degree in economics from University of California-Davis. Originally released on Tommy Boy Records, his first single was banned by MTV. Since then his stance on political issues and social commentary have both aided and hindered his quest to bring his music and messages to the masses."

"When his second album, Sleeping With The Enemy, was ready for release in 1992, Paris was dropped from now-defunct Tommy Boy Records and distributor Time Warner when they discovered its incendiary content. Also problematic was the album's insert, which features the artist waiting behind a tree, holding a rifle, as the president is waving to the crowd. Paris eventually released the LP himself on his newly-formed Scarface Records; the album was a critical success, and by independent standards, a financial success too."

Cliff Notes: Mobb Deep- Had a rough street life of being little gangsta thugs and on your next trip to the 7/11 there is a fair chance you'll be mugged at gun point by one of them.

Cliff Notes: Paris- Political style rapping similar to Public Enemy with a degree in economics.

Smurfy said:
In your opinoin, What makes that song so great?

Good question! I can't get past the girlie vocals and same two bit beat that never changes the entire 5 minutes.

PuddleMonkey said:
Good question! I can't get past the girlie vocals and same two bit beat that never changes the entire 5 minutes.
yeah, it's far from quality in my mind, but I want to hear from someone who loves it to see what it is they like about it.

PuddleMonkey said:
"Mobb Deep are a hip hop duo made up of rappers Havoc and Prodigy. Originally dubbing themselves the Poetical Profits, they later changed their name to Mobb Deep in order to "reflect their reputation on the streets." While both members of the duo were only 17, they released their debut Juvenile Hell, which was lead by the single, "Peer Pressure". The album sold very poorly and was met with harsh reviews that wrote the duo off as just another hardcore group with little to distinguish them from the rest of the rap world."

"Still at a young age, the duo powered themselves to the top of the hardcore rap scene through their straightforward narration of street life. As with their first lyrical production, Mobb Deep portrayed the struggles of living in New York City's Queensbridge Houses. Their third album, Hell on Earth was released in 1996, debuting at number six on the Billboard album chart. The album continued their portrayal of a harsh street life."

"Oscar Jackson, Jr. (born October 29, 1967), better known as Paris, is an American hip hop artist from San Francisco, California known for his militantly confrontational rapping. He was catapulted onto the national scene in 1990 with his hit single "The Devil Made Me Do It" and album of the same name, after earning a degree in economics from University of California-Davis. Originally released on Tommy Boy Records, his first single was banned by MTV. Since then his stance on political issues and social commentary have both aided and hindered his quest to bring his music and messages to the masses."

"When his second album, Sleeping With The Enemy, was ready for release in 1992, Paris was dropped from now-defunct Tommy Boy Records and distributor Time Warner when they discovered its incendiary content. Also problematic was the album's insert, which features the artist waiting behind a tree, holding a rifle, as the president is waving to the crowd. Paris eventually released the LP himself on his newly-formed Scarface Records; the album was a critical success, and by independent standards, a financial success too."

Cliff Notes: Mobb Deep- Had a rough street life of being little gangsta thugs and on your next trip to the 7/11 there is a fair chance you'll be mugged at gun point by one of them.

Cliff Notes: Paris- Political style rapping similar to Public Enemy with a degree in economics.

lol, quiet. silly. as for the clip you linked, i got tired after 30 seconds of nothing. i'm sure it would kicked ass right after then, though.

Top Bottom