Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Newbie in slump!

butterflychick

Hi Ladies,

I just joined this evening & I have read some very inspiring stories. All you women are all so disciplined & determined...which are the keys to accomplishing success...GREAT JOB!!

I'm need of alittle help. I'm in a slump! I am a 26 year old with a 7 month old little girl!! :D Prior to my daughter I was in pretty good shape, fitness & physically. I lifted weighted 2x a week & I usually did 3 to 4 days of cardio. I made a big mistake when I got pregnant & I neglected my body. I went from 132 to 172...I gained 40 pounds to the tee. (BTW, I'm 5'4"). I've been able to drop to 136 pds, but my body is NOTHING how it use to be. My stomach is very flabby (no stretch marks) & my legs are mush!

Before the pregnancy, I had a tight ass, great legs & most importantly I was determined. I've seemed to have lost that. I've lost the weight that I have by reducing my calorie intake (eating once a day) & Hydroxycut, but I am very well aware that is not realistic nor healthy. I am now trying to eat more since I am alose doing cardio at home. I'm even embarrassed to go to the gym. The terrible thing is that fir those that didn't know me before think I'm nuts b/c I really don't look bad...I just don't look like the old me...I'm I making sense to you guys???

I want to find the old me again. I hoping that you guys will give some direction & TONZ of support! :)

Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast
chicken breast sandwich on pita (small size pita)
low fat mayo/mustard

Lunch
seared Tuna
Veggies
1/2 cup of brown rice

Dinner (I didn't cook)
Harmony cereal w/ 2% milk

Ok, there you have it! I have shed my insecurities & weakness in hopes that I can leave them here!

I can't wait to hear back from you ladies & start my new challenge!

xoxo,

don't be insecure about going to the gym. just remember that you're doing more for yourself than the rest of the slugs out there who just want to make excuses.

first...you must eat. you're muscle mass is probablymuch lower than it was before your pregnancy, since you starved yourself to lose the baby weight. muscle burns fat, so the more muscle you have, the more efficiently your body will burn fat. plus, your body will start to develop the shape that you desire.

i'm definately no role model for the perfect physique. i'm into strength training rather than asthetics. but the basic principles apply both ways.

hit the weights, and feed the machine. you see results.

:devil:

Welcome BFC! Don't be insecure! Dayum girl - you just had a kid AND lost all the weight??? Give your body a break! It just produced a kid!!!! Of course it's going to be "different". You got rid of a lot of fat but eating one meal/day you've also sacrificed your muscle mass & probably totally confused your metabolism.

You are eating clean. Throw in a couple more meals between so you are eating some protein every 2-3 hours. If it seems like a lot of food, just make each meal small.

To start getting back into shape, keep up a good resistance training schedule. Doesn't sound like you need much cardio right now -- you need the muscle now!

As far as self image -- don't compare to pre-baby. Look at the post-baby baby you have now! You & the baby are beautiful. Before it was only 1 beautiful person. Now it's 2! BIG accomplishment if u ask me ;)

Congratulations on the baby and on the weight loss - sounds like you've been working hard.

My best advice to you is to just accept this as a challenge and get back in the gym. Several of the Fitness Pros who've had children have believed they've been able to develop even better physiques after giving birth - Mia Finnegan is just one example. However, they gave themselves at least a year to recover. So you've accomplished a lot in just seven months, and should feel good about what you've accomplished.

YOU GUYS ROCK!!

I went this morning & I bought Ripped Fuel along w/ Myoplex Lite. Its 1:00pm & I have had 2 meals already & soon to have my 3rd. I'm going to start doing 45 mins. of cardio atleast 4x a week!

Thank you sooo much for your responses...it's is exactly what I needed!

I'll be talking to you soon!

Congrats on the baby and on your determination and resolve!

And do add some weight training in there, too. I've had two kids and gained a lot of weight with the second. I lost almost all of it with cardio, but I didn't start to get a really nice physique until I started lifting. The muscle gives me curves in all the right places! It's especially nice to fill out that saggy chest and lift the butt. Not to mention tighten up that tummy (that waterbed belly sucks, doesn't it? but it does go away).

Keep at it! And enjoy that baby...they really do grow up so fast.

red_evil said:
don't be insecure about going to the gym. just remember that you're doing more for yourself than the rest of the slugs out there who just want to make excuses.

first...you must eat. you're muscle mass is probablymuch lower than it was before your pregnancy, since you starved yourself to lose the baby weight. muscle burns fat, so the more muscle you have, the more efficiently your body will burn fat. plus, your body will start to develop the shape that you desire.

i'm definately no role model for the perfect physique. i'm into strength training rather than asthetics. but the basic principles apply both ways.

hit the weights, and feed the machine. you see results.

:devil:

Great post. I am so glad you're here Red! I agree wholeheartedly with what you said as well as the others.

Fill in the areas with nice muscle...yaaay! And girl...you gotta eat!

I have had three kids....it has always taken me a good year to get back into shape. Give your self a break and it will go back to almost the old self!!!

Top Bottom